Chapter 28

A few days had passed since Atsuko and her small entourage had settled down for the time being at the Neville Estate, at least until her father and his entourage had caught up to them. And right now, Atsuko was inside the room assigned to her as she looked outside the window which gave her a rather clear view of the town located close to the estate.

"... I'm bored... I wanna go sightseeing..."

Saying those words to herself, Atsuko slouched on the window as her boredom made her give up on keeping up with her royalty act. She remained slouched on the window for some time until she eventually got bored of that as well.

"I guess, I'll go take a walk around"

Getting up, Atsuko went to the room's door and opened it, leaving the room as she went to take a stroll around the mansion in hopes of finding something to pass the time. As she walked down the now familiar corridor that she had become somewhat accustomed to in these past few days, then as she walked while looking outside of the windows, she noticed two figures at the training field in the back of the mansion.

"Are those... Lady Lysette and Lady Nanako?"

The two figures she was were Lysette and Nanako, with the latter currently practicing her magic with the help of Lysette, seeing the two training sparked interest in the currently bored Atsuko, so with a nod to herself, she began making her way to the training field.

.

.

.

"Huff!"

*Explosion SFX*

"Oh?... *Nods* Hmm... It got stronger again... Very good, Nanako-san"

"Thank you, Lysette-sama! I've been making sure to train every day, just as you instructed me to!"

"*Nods* Very good, very good indeed, Nanako-san"

Even though Lysette was proud of Nanako's growth, she felt a bit angry, mainly from her competitiveness feeling swelling up after seeing her fireball failing to break through Nanako's magic shield spell. And her feelings were slowly seeping into her face, as she began growing while staring at Nanako's defense magic.

"Is something the matter, Lysette-sama?"

"Ah! No, it's nothing... ... ... Say, Nanako-san... Do you mind if test a few more spells on your defensive spell?"

"I don't, why?"

"Nothing much... Anyways..."

With a reassuring smile, Lysette turned back to face the defense spell, and with a snap of a finger, she invoked a magic circle that then created a flaming spear right above her right. Her face now looked serious, as if Lysette was keen on making sure that Nanako's defense spell would be broken this time around. Lysette snapped her right hand's fingers again as she pointed at her target, flicking the flaming spear towards the defense magic.

*Explosion and glass shattering SFX*

Dust and smoke rose, while the pressure wave made by the explosion, caused the three girls' clothes to flutter wildly, then as the dust settled, the target where the defense magic spell circle was put on by Nanako was now completely gone, alongside the spell.

"Fufu!..."

Seeing her target gone, put a confident smile on Lysette's face, however the sounds of claps coming from the side, caused her and Nanako to look to their left.

"Ara, that was quite impressive feat of magic power, Lady Lysette"

"Ah! Princess Atsuko, good day to you"