29

The grand-looking interior of the house intimidated Boma. She had never been in such a lavish residential home before.

Long drape curtains, shiny chandeliers, mild, gray, and earthy color tones on furniture with touches of red on decor like throw pillows and wallpaper.

Intricate Led lights that were meant for decor other than lighting. Clean wide tiles on the ground, wine bar, large  TV, colorful aquarium. Family portraits and other decorative portraits graced the wall.

Donovan took her through a flight of stairs graced with more decor lights and some artificial plants.

As he walked her down a cozy corridor, her eyes were glued to the sheer beauty of her surroundings. Coming from a humble background, she could not help it.

"Our rooms are here on this wing. My parent's room is on the other side of the wing. There is another living room here so we don't have to go downstairs. There's a kitchen downstairs but there is also a kitchen up here. Let's just say that everything upstairs is replicated downstairs. That means there is more room than we need. We use the extra rooms to house guests whenever there's some family get-together or party or something."

"Okay."

Boma wondered why she had not seen any maid or butler. She knew big houses like these usually had staff.

"Oh, by the way, if you're expecting to find any staff, you won't," Donovan said as though reading her mind. "We don't have them. My dad believes in hard work so we do the basics but at the end of the month, cleaners come for more thorough work. So do laundry persons. All we have is security. We used to have live-in staff and nannies but as you can see, we are all grown so that chapter is over."

"Okay. So no cook as well?"

"My mum cooks when she's home. I cook as well. Sharon also cooks. My cousins if they come around, also cook. We don't do the official cook thing except maybe there is a party and the work is too much or we need some sort of special dish or something. "

"Okay."

He stopped by a door and gave it a knock.

"Sharon," he called.

"I'm in here. "

"Good. I will talk to you later."

"Okay."

He led Boma to another room and opened it, letting her into a spacious room with intimate decor that emitted a cozy glow as he switched on the light.

Without being told she knew they were inside his room. It was admirable. A little heaven on earth, she thought as she looked at the big bed and furry rug that surrounded it. She had thought he was living large at school but his home was grander and understandably so because well, this was his home.

Pictures of himself, his family, and his friends hung on a display against one part of the wall.

Curiously she looked around, once again impressed and overwhelmed by his privileged life.

"This is my room," he said. "Welcome home."

"Thank you," she mumbled.

He moved her to face him as he ran his hands through her hair. "You will enjoy this weekend," he promised. "Please just don't provoke me. I don't like that. All right?"

"Okay."

"Will you be a good girl for me?"

She nodded and he kissed her cheek. Then he hugged her. encompassing her with his lemony scent. "Put your arms around me, Boma."