15. ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ

Arhaan POV

Arhaan POV

I know I am an asshole to the world, maybe towards my family as well. To be honest armaan bhaiya doesn't care. He simply exist because he has too. Well according to him he has no reason to live. I told him it's called being suicidal. But he said I'm young so I should just shut my mouth. Which i did

Aarnav Bhai, on the other hand, tends to be quite emotional, often holding onto grudges, and I must admit, some of those grievances are likely directed at me. Perhaps this is why I've carried an inexplicable sense of guilt since I was just seven years old. I'm aware that my presence causes trouble for many, and at times, I find myself wishing I could simply disappear.

Maybe people think that I am the most loved in the family, but what do they truly understand? It doesn't alter the reality that I was an unplanned addition. It's true; my parents never intended to have a third child.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if my existence is the reason why bhai has to stay distant from his family or why Armaan bhai has become who he is. Yet, despite my attempts, I can't seem to make them comprehend my perspective. They refused to acknowledge that there are more ways to fuck up a kid.

My eyes were fixated on the road ahead of me when my phone rang. I picked up and said, "Hello?" The voice on the other end was unmistakably Medhansh's, "Guess who is getting marriedddd!" His excitement was contagious, even through the phone.

Medhansh was my cousin, and we were close in age. He had always been a bit delusional, but in a charming way. "You're getting married?" I asked, half-jokingly.

"Yes, brother," he replied. "Your favorite cousin is tying the knot!" His happiness was palpable, and I couldn't help but smile.

"You're not my favorite cousin," I teased. It was our usual banter. Medhansh would protest, and I would playfully argue back.

"Hey, that's rude!" he protested. "I have so much potential." I could practically imagine the pout on his face.

"For clown school?" I quipped. We both burst into laughter. Medhansh was always full of surprises, and I had no doubt that his wedding would be an unforgettable event.

"Wait, why are you roasting me?" he asked, still chuckling. "I thought you'd be happy for me."

"You never said you were in a relationship," I blurted out, catching Medhansh off guard. His sheepish smile was audible through the phone. It was surprising to hear that he was opting for an arranged marriage, given his charming personality. What do they call it these days? Ah yes, a green flag.

"So, an arranged marriage?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Yes," he replied, his tone suggesting a mix of acceptance and containment. "It's not a love marriage."

"Why?" I prodded. "I mean, you barely know her."

Medhansh hesitated for a moment. "I like her," he finally said. "She's very nice."