𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ Good luck, Darling! ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

"I didn't fuck up asking that question, did I?" Beomgyu thought as he stared at his husband, who was oddly quiet right now.

"Yeonjun?" He mumbled, tapping his shoulder to grab his attention, he still got no answer. Now it was making Beomgyu anxious.

"I definitely fucked up, oh god."

"You don't need to know." Yeonjun finally broke the silence with a rude remark. Yeah, Beomgyu definitely fucked up.

"Okay....Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that." Beomgyu replied, waving his hands in the air nervously.

"Hmmm." Yeonjun hummed, and continued to eat his breakfast. He was back to being quiet and the silence was awkward now. Beomgyu regretted asking that question so much now, but he was curious about Yeonjun's behaviour too.

"I didn't ask something weird, why did he dismiss it like that?" He thought to himself, and looked at Yeonjun who was eating in silence. Thankfully he didn't swat his hand away, and it had Beomgyu somehow relieved, but soon his relief came to an end when Yeonjun withdrew his hand from Beomgyu's hold to get up, as he was done with breakfast.

Beomgyu got startled from the sudden action, and got up as well.

"Are you leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm done with breakfast." Yeonjun replied, making his way out of the kitchen, but Beomgyu stopped him.

"Are you mad at me?" Beomgyu murmured, his eyes downcast as he asked that. He didn't want to ruin this nice moment, he was finally making some progress after all.

Seeing Beomgyu like that, Yeonjun felt his emotions falter.

"Tch, he looks so emotional for nothing, I didn't say anything that rude..." Yeonjun thought to himself, but now he kinda felt bad. It wasn't Beomgyu's fault afterall, he didn't know about his past so it was unreasonable for him to get mad or upset at Beomgyu, who was just doing his task.

"Why am I feeling bad for that annoying motor-mouth anyways?" He thought, and sighed, finally deciding to reply to Beomgyu.

"No, I'm not mad at you." Yeonjun answered with a sigh, turning around to look at the younger.

"But-" Beomgyu started, but Yeonjun stopped him.

"I told you, I'm not mad at you. I don't really wanna answer that question." Yeonjun repeated, looking at Beomgyu, who visibly relaxed at Yeonjun's words.

"Okay...if you say so." Beomgyu murmured quietly, fiddling with his fingers still.

"Stop doing that." Yeonjun pointed at Beomgyu's hands, wincing. He didn't like seeing Beomgyu pick at his nails or whatever he was doing.

"Ahhh...sorry. It's a habit." Beomgyu replied, embarrassed that Yeonjun noticed his little habit.

Yeonjun just looked at him weirdly, and called him closer.

"Come here." Yeonjun ushered him to step closer, and Beomgyu obeyed; walking upto the older curiously.

"Yes?" He tilted his head in confusion and saw Yeonjun taking off a ring from his finger. It was a silver ring with a small black shiny stone on it, which seemed rotatable.

"Wear this." Yeonjun said, placing it on Beomgyu's palm.

"Huh? Why?" Beomgyu asked, confused from Yeonjun's sudden action. Why was Yeonjun giving him his ring?

"It's a ring I brought on a trip, play with the stone in it when you're anxious. It helps." Yeonjun replied non-chalantly, but it made Beomgyu's heart skip a beat.

So, he noticed his habit of picking on his nails when nervous or anxious and gave him his ring? Today is definitely a lucky day for him!

"Oh.. thankyou Yeonjun!" Beomgyu grinned, his lips curling up into an adorable smile, as his eyes sparkled from happiness. Was Yeonjun finally softening up to him?

"You're welcome." Yeonjun replied, feeling a smile form on his face as well, seeing how happy and elated Beomgyu looked all because he gave him a ring.

"He sure can be cute sometimes. His expressions are so animate." Yeonjun thought, watching Beomgyu admire the ring on his finger now.

"I like it! Thankyou Yeonjun, really." Beomgyu commented smiling, and it made the older unable to hide a smile, so he smiled as well.

"No problem, it's just a small ring anyways." He said trying his best to act unbothered. Beomgyu doesn't need to know he finds him cute.

"It's important to me though." Beomgyu mumbled to himself, and looked up at Yeonjun once again.

"Hm?" Yeonjun heard Beomgyu mutter something to himself, and raised his eyebrows in question.

"Nothing. Are you leaving for work now?" Beomgyu asked, changing the subject.

"Oh yeah, I've got some important stuff to do today, I might be home late. Don't wait up for me." Yeonjun replied, watching Beomgyu.

"Oh... alright. Have a great day at work Darling!" Beomgyu smiled, deciding to take the risk and start using sweet names for him.

Beomgyu's sudden, non-sarcastic use of "Darling" made him kind of startled.

"He's really serious about this challenge damn.." Yeonjun mumbled under his breath, but didn't say anything out loud, as it was a part of the deal. He can't deny Beomgyu, plus maybe it's not that bad being called Darling, is it?

"Hm, you too Gyu." Yeonjun replied as well, turning around to leave, heading out of the kitchen; while Beomgyu stood there smiling happily.

He held Yeonjun's hand, got a ring from him, and he even called him Gyu!! That's a progress right?

"Good job Beomgyu!! He smiled at you as well, right? Right? I'm not delusional am I?" Beomgyu giggled, swaying around his room while dressing up for work. He was extra giddy today, the start of the day itself was amazing afterall.

"I hope the rest of the day goes well too."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello Luvs! Guess who's back from hibernation lol. I'm on a break rn, so that's why I'm not updating.

Anyways, I found some time and motivation to finally whip this chapter out lol, hope y'all enjoyed reading this!!

Also, am I the only one who thinks Wattpad's new icon is shit? LIKE BRING BACK MY ORANGE APP ICON! Why this pink Flower with Orange?? Shit combo fr.

Yeah that's all abt my rant, tysm for the 5k reads🥹 Take care my Luvs! See you soon hopefully!
-Rin💗