Blossoming Honesty

Dekisugi cleared his throat, his hand reaching out to touch Nobita's arm in a comforting gesture. "Nobita," he began gently, "give me a minute. I was just about to…"

His sentence was interrupted again, this time by Suneo, who materialized beside Gian, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. "Hey guys! Sorry I'm late. Practice ran long."

Nobita groaned internally. This was turning into a comedy of interruptions. He looked pointedly at Suneo, his frustration barely contained.

Suneo, oblivious to Nobita's mood, nudged Gian with his elbow. "So, Gian, ready to crush them on the field?"

Gian, ever the competitor, puffed out his chest. "Always ready, Suneo. Just gotta make sure these two rookies don't drag us down." He winked at Nobita and Dekisugi, a playful jab that seemed to ease the tension a little.

Dekisugi, ever the peacemaker, smiled and offered a compromise. "How about this? We play one quick game, and then Nobita and I can…" he trailed off, his eyes flickering back to Nobita, his unspoken words hanging in the air.

Nobita, despite his initial annoyance, found himself nodding in agreement. Maybe a quick game wouldn't hurt. Besides, it might give him a chance to clear his head and gather his courage before facing Dekisugi's answer.

The following hour flew by in a flurry of pop flies, grounders, and playful banter. Suneo, surprisingly, turned out to be a natural at catching, his agility making him a formidable opponent. Gian, ever the show-off, launched a homerun that sent the ball soaring over the fence, earning him a chorus of cheers and groans.

As the final out was caught, Nobita wiped sweat from his brow, a feeling of camaraderie settling comfortably in his chest. Despite the confusion surrounding his and Dekisugi's feelings, spending time with him, even with Gian and Suneo tagging along, was strangely enjoyable.

Finally, with the game over and everyone catching their breath, Dekisugi turned back to Nobita, his eyes filled with a newfound determination. "Nobita," he began again, ignoring the curious glances Suneo and Gian were sending their way, "like I was saying before…"

Just as Dekisugi was about to speak, a loud rumbling sound interrupted him. Everyone turned to see Shizuka approaching, her face flushed and a picnic basket swinging from her arm.

"Hi everyone!" she said cheerfully. "I just baked some cookies, and I thought maybe we could all have a picnic under the cherry blossoms?"

Nobita felt a wave of conflicting emotions. On one hand, Shizuka's presence was a welcome distraction, giving him a moment to process Dekisugi's impending words. On the other hand, it added another layer of complexity to the already tangled web of affections.

Suneo, ever the opportunist, perked up. "Picnic, huh? Sounds good to me!"

Gian, despite his usual gruff demeanor, couldn't help but crack a small smile at Shizuka's suggestion.

Dekisugi, however, looked conflicted. He glanced at Nobita, his eyes conveying an unspoken apology.

Nobita, gathering his courage, decided to take control. "Sure, Shizuka, a picnic sounds great!" He then turned to Dekisugi, a hint of determination in his voice. "And Dekisugi, maybe after the picnic, we can finally finish that conversation?"

Dekisugi gave him a hesitant nod, a flicker of hope rekindled in his eyes. As they all spread out a blanket under the blossoming trees, the awkward tension remained, but this time, it was laced with a newfound anticipation. The day may not have gone as planned, but a seed of honesty had been planted, and Nobita, with a newfound courage, was determined to see it bloom.