A Game of Baseball or Hearts

Spring had sprung, blanketing the town in a vibrant tapestry of blooming flowers. The once bare branches of the cherry blossom trees were now adorned with delicate pink petals, a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing within Nobita.

The week crawled by for Nobita. The image of Dekisugi's hopeful smile under the fireworks lingered in his mind, fueling a growing resolve. He had to know what Dekisugi felt, for his own sanity and for the sake of their friendship.

Since his confusing weekend with Dekisugi, Nobita had been a prisoner of his own mind. The revelation of his own feelings had left him reeling. He replayed their conversations, dissected Dekisugi's every smile and laugh, searching for a clue, a hint of reciprocation. But the uncertainty gnawed at him, leaving him paralyzed by fear.

One afternoon, while moping around the park with a defeated sigh escaping his lips, a familiar blue figure materialized beside him. "Nobita"
Doraemon said in his robotic voice, "what's troubling you?"

Nobita, surprised by Doraemon's sudden appearance, hesitated for a moment. But the dam of his emotions had already begun to crack. He poured out his heart to his robotic companion, confessing his jumbled feelings for Dekisugi, the fear of rejection, and the deafening silence that had followed their weekend hangout.

Doraemon listened patiently, his large, round eyes fixed on Nobita. Finally, he spoke, his voice surprisingly firm. "Nobita," he said, "honesty is the best policy. Even if things don't go as planned, silence will only create more problems. You deserve to know how Dekisugi feels."

Nobita's gaze drifted towards the baseball diamond across the park. There, Dekisugi was laughing as he played catch with Gian. A pang of jealousy, sharp and unexpected, pierced his heart. Maybe Dekisugi didn't feel the same way after all. Maybe their weekend together had just been a friendly gesture, a misunderstanding fueled by the faulty Love Finder.

Doraemon's words echoed in his mind. Silence wouldn't solve anything. Taking a deep breath, Nobita steeled his resolve. He would approach Dekisugi, confess his feelings, and face the consequences, whatever they may be.

Meanwhile, on the baseball diamond, Dekisugi was also wrestling with his own set of emotions. The misunderstanding with Nobita had left him confused and hurt. He missed their easy conversations, the shared laughter, and the connection that had begun to blossom between them.

As Dekisugi fielded a fly ball, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out to see a message from Nobita. It was a simple question - "Want to see the cherry blossoms tomorrow?" - but it sent a jolt of excitement through Dekisugi. Was this Nobita's way of reaching out?

The next day arrived, bathed in the soft glow of the morning sun. Nobita stood nervously beneath the blossoming cherry trees, a light breeze rustling the delicate petals around him. Each passing minute felt like an eternity. Just as he was about to give up hope, he saw Dekisugi approaching, a hesitant smile gracing his lips.

The air crackled with unspoken emotions as their eyes met. Nobita's heart hammered against his ribs, a frantic drumbeat urging him to speak. He took a deep breath and launched into his confession, pouring out his jumbled feelings, the confusion caused by the Love Finder, and finally, the truth - he liked Dekisugi, and the idea of not having him in his life was unbearable.

Dekisugi listened intently, the surprise on his face morphing into a hesitant smile as Nobita spoke. A wave of relief washed over him. He wasn't alone in his feelings. He, too, had harbored a secret affection for Nobita, but fear had kept him from saying anything.

finished his confession, a heavy silence descended upon them. The weight of unspoken words hung heavy in the air. Then, Dekisugi spoke, his voice soft but firm.

"Nobita," he began, his eyes filled with a mixture of emotions, "that explains a lot. But..." he hesitated, his smile faltering. "The truth is, I..."

Dekisugi's sentence was cut short by a loud, booming voice. "Hey Nobita! Come play baseball with us!" It was Gian, his usual boisterous self. He stood beside Dekisugi, a baseball glove clutched in his hand.

Nobita's heart sank. The timing couldn't have been worse. Here he was, on the verge of hearing Dekisugi's response, and now Gian was interrupting. A flicker of anger, hot and unexpected, bubbled up within him.

"Maybe later, Gian," Nobita mumbled, his voice tight with frustration. He wanted to focus on Dekisugi, to hear what he had to say, but Gian's presence was a constant distraction.

Dekisugi, sensing Nobita's irritation, cleared his throat