1

"Oh shit shit shit" Elena shouts as she looks at the time realising she needed to have left the house five minutes ago.

"This is literally my first camp, my first time meeting some of these girls no puedo llegar tarde (i can't be fucking late)" Elena quickly slips on some joggers and a long sleeve top before grabbing her suitcase and rushing down her stairs.

"i can't forget about you" she says smiling over to her fish tank and feeding them. Elena had lived alone since she moved to England, she didn't know many people since whenever she got nervous she would automatically start talking Spanish, but her fish kept her company for the most part.

She hurdled her suitcase into her car and began driving to sgp's whilst listening to Noah Kahan on the radio.
Elena arrived just in time, some of the girls were just putting their suitcases under the bus so she grabbed her keys and suitcase and ran over to sarina.

"Oye, lo siento, llegué tarde, está bien si no quieres que vaya ahora, lo siento, no volverá a suceder." (hey i'm sorry i'm late, it's okay if you don't want me to come now i'm sorry it won't happen again) As she continues to ramble on she realises that Sarina can not understand a word of what she is saying.

"Sorry Sarina, for being so late, it will never happen again i promise" she says panicked with a shaky voice. Elena always seems to be less confident when speaking in English even though she knows it just as well as Spanish.

"it's okay Pérez, beth, alessia and ella aren't here yet either and you were only five minutes late, go drop off your bags and then head on the coach" Sarina smiles at Elena sensing how nervous she is.

She puts her bag under the coach before turning around and getting faced with another girl, slightly barging into her.

"oh lo siento mucho" (oh I'm so sorry)
You take a step back before being faced with a tall blonde with bright blue eyes.

"hey it's okay, i'm Alessia you must be Pérez right?" she says moving her suitcase towards the coach.

"er ye-yeah i'm Elena Pérez, sorry for walking into you" she says going slightly red from embarrassment.

"i'll see you around P" she smiles at Elena and Elena manages to smile back at her new nickname.

Alessia rushes off to secure a spot on the coach for her and Ella while Elena stand around with shaky hands waiting to find someone she knows (either Leah or Georgia).

Elena decides to get on the coach knowing basically no one on there. She looks around and finds an empty seat next to no one so she heads towards that one but gets called over at the last second.

"lena come sit with us" she hears a familiar voice so turns around to see leah waving you over.
She sighs with relief and walks over with a slight smile on her face and sits down next to Leah who is sat across from Alessia and Ella.

"hola Le" you smile before looking out the window with your airpods, you sit in quiet for around half an hour before Ella catches you attention.

Ella: "So Pérez tell me a bit about you" she smiles

Elena: "What do you want to know" she smiles back

Ella: "What makes you come to the England camp instead of the Spanish one"

Elena: "starting off strong, well i'm half English half Spanish so would be able to get into either camp, i got a call up for both camps as well which was unexpected but i moved to England a while back after" she stops not wanting to expose the real reason she moved to England and takes a deep breath "Well i moved to England and my dream was to come to the England camp so went for that camp instead"

Leah: "What do you mean it's unexpected we've all seen you play your amazing lena"

Elena: "Yeah yeah" she laughs

Alessia: "Wait how long did you live in Spain for?" she asks intrigued about Elena's Spanish life

Elena: "Viví en España los primeros 17 años de mi vida pero luego me mudé a Inglaterra."(i lived in Spain for the first 17 years of my life but then moved to England) she looks around to see a confused face on each of the girls including Georgia and Lucy who have turned around to face her. she goes red from embarrassment before saying "sorry i need to stop doing that, i spent my whole life in Spain until 17 that's when i moved here"

Ella: "Can you speak Spanish" all the girls laugh

Georgia: "I think we've established that she can tooney"

Elena: "yup fluent in Spanish, English and i know some Italian"

Alessia: "is there anything you can't do" everyone laughs

Elena: "yeah handle my anxiety, that's why i switch from English to Spanish i just get nervous" you laugh

Ella: "can you say something in Italian" she smiles

Georgia: "Yeah do it"

Elena: "What do you want me to say"

Ella: "Hello nan it's Ella"
everyone laughs

Elena: "Ciao nonna, sono Ella"

Ella: "cool"

This is my first proper story part 🤍
open for criticism, help or ideas with anything xx