Part 7

Guys do take time to comment and like the post if you enjoyed it, an humble request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hours, she saw a message in her phone. " Reached - Arnav", giving her relief. 

Kushi sat in the same bed thinking, In a dark room,  she didn't even want to show her tears to the walls. They say even walls have ears, maybe she thought they had eyes. she wept re-thinking her misery.

Kushi's POV:

Why does he always give me a hope and break it away? Am i just a toy for him? What will I tell amma when she asks me where is her son-in-law? Should I tell her that he left her in the middle of the night ?

Kushi sat in her bed which she was fighting for a while back, the bed is her's now, but looked like her sleep isn't. She felt like a broken jar in Arnav's hand, he didn't even have any guilt, the damage was all her's.

"How long are you gonna sit there like that? You wanted that bed right? So, why are you not sleeping now?", a silent voice broke her trance from the other end of the room.

Before she can react to all that was happening, the owner of the voice had already took his place in Kushi's lap. Arnav placed his head on her lap, curled his body on the bed and closed his eyes like nothing happened there.

Kushi's eyes and heart went through multiple emotions at the same time, she wished she could pull him by his collar and question him, ask him why he left her in the first place. But neither did she have the courage nor she wanted to stir a settled mud.  She watched him sleep all night, he slept peacefully like a little baby. 

            She gently moved her fingers over his hair in a circular motion, may be that was the women within her who loved him did that. Slowly she slept in a sitting position holding his shoulders in one hand while keeping one over his head scalp.

It was Arnav who got up first, without moving he slowly titled his head to look at Kushi while still lying in her lap. She was sleeping just in the same position he saw her last night,  it was just her hands that moved.

"How do I tell you Kushi, that I want to wake up next to you like this for the rest of my days?", he thought to himself. He slowly carried her and placed in the bed to let her comfortably sleep.

Arnav slowly opened the door not to disturb the other members of the Gupta Family, but the moment he opened his door he found Garima and Madhumati waiting for him with a nervous smile in his face. He never knew what people find so scary in him.

"black coffee", Buaji offered a glass of his favorite morning ritual.

"Buaji, how surprising, how do you know that i drink black coffee in the morning", Arnav wondered loud.

"Sanka devi, she used to tell us. Black suit, Black coffee, black haaaat,(heart)", Buaji tried swallowing the end but Arnav knew that his wife is capable of such acts.

"How is uncle's treatment going, what does Dr.Patel tell about the progress", Arnav inquired.

"Doctors are hopeful of his recovery, and very soon he might walk", Madhumati sighed in relief.

Kushi's sleep to an end because of her Buaji's rant. Kushi sat immediately thinking whether everything was a real or just her dream. She looked around for signs of Arnav.

"Sanka Devi! how long will you sleep, Arnav bitwa is waiting for you, get ready soon", Buaji's voice echoed in her head.

Kushi ran and came out and looked at Arnav,"You are still here?", she blurted out.