Part 3

They say time heals everything, but does it?  As days passed in Shantivan for everyone, Kushi alone felt that time skipped her. Her only companion was the silence surrounding her.

A gentle Saturday breeze filled the air as Arnav decided to make an early exit. He slipped out of the room, hoping to avoid Kushi's gaze, which, though unspoken, held a hint of accusation.

Anjali: Chotte,  if you are free, Can you drop me near the temple?

Arnav: Sure Di, come let go

Anjali's usual chatter was absent throughout the ride. Arnav, accustomed to her playful nudges and requests, found the silence unfamiliar, It reminded him of Kushi in a strange way, the relationship between Kushi and him.

Arnav: Di, are you upset or mad at me for any reason?

Anjali: Why Chotte?

Arnav: You usually spend this time to ..(Anjali cuts in middle)

Anjali: preach you about marriage. I know, but now you are married

Arnav: But, something is bothering you isnt it? You can share with me di..

Anjali: yes it does bother, have you seen Kushi ji lately, she isn't jumping around the house, she isn't making jalebies.

Arnav: good right, lesser drama in the house. She can get quite crazy.

Anjali(looks at her brother): These are the things that make her herself chotte, Kushi is all this plus loads of happiness, but after marriage i could neither find Kushi nor that happiness in her. What is happening Chotte?

Arnav: Nothing di, she is just upset and guilty, she will come around.

Anjali: Sometimes I feel like she was happy being Shashi Ji's daughter than our house's daughter-in-law.

Arnav: You mean ,being my wife?

Anjali(Smiles): I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to teach my little brother to be a good husband.

Arnav: Common Di, please can we skip this awkward talk?

Anjali: But you have to sometimes understand Chotte. Kushi ji has done a very difficult thing for you, just for you.

Arnav: Accha, you think marrying me is a bad think, right Di?

Anjali: No chotte, but she married you without her parents permission, and on same day of her sister's wedding. I know she did everything for her family, be it working for you, be it coming to Shantivan, everything, ... Khushi's world revolves around her family.  And suddenly she has done something that hurts them, just for you. So can't you do small small adjustments for her? Look out for her happiness?

Arnav: I am sharing my room with her Di, plus..(Anjali cuts in)

Anjali: Anyone can do that Chotte, but you should be sharing life with her. When we love someone truly, their happiness and sadness becomes a part of your world.

Arnav: Di, we have reached the temple. And di..(pauses) please don't worry about Kushi, I will take care of her.

Arnav's car flew back in his car and parked it right in his garden and ran towards his room like his entire life depended on this moment.

Arnav: Kushiiiiiiii (breathing unevenly entering the room)

Kushi: Arnavji.... what happened, why are you running like this?