02

"Let's go." Jinwoo heard his sister's voice outside the door but he decided to focus more on the strange window that appeared in front of him. It looked like a game to him, a system.

[ALARM!]

[The system will help the 'PLAYER'S growth.]

Yep, it definitely looked like a game.

[ALARM!]

[If he fails to obey the system's orders, there may be a PENALTY.]

[ALARM!]

[Your rewards have arrived.]

"I can't understand what they're saying." Jinwoo muttered as he carefully read them. Even though he could read exactly what it said he was having difficulty understanding the meaning of such things. Before he could analyse it more he suddenly remembered something.

"Now that I think about it, I remember seeing something similar when I was left on the altar..." He recalled the moment he was sure he would die. The statues cast dark shadows around him as he lay there helpless, unable to do anything to save himself or fight the statues. He saw the way everyone abandoned him, and even though he himself told Mr. Song to take away Miss Joohee it still hurt. To remain the only one left, with no one to save him. Just like them, he too had people who waited for him, he too didn't want to die... But... With a huff, he mocked himself for regretting what was already done.

"It said something like 'Courage of the weak'...? And a secret quest?" He soon noticed that the first message he saw after learning about reading the mail was still hovering in front of him. Unlike the other ones which were not hovering anymore.

[MESSAGE]

[Daily quest: Preparing to become strong has arrived (UNREAD)]

"Preparing to become Strong?" Without much of a thought, he said 'check' and the screen flickered before changing.

[DAILY QUEST – GETTING READY TO BECOME POWERFUL]

GOAL

[INCOMPLETE] PUSH-UPS [0/100]

[INCOMPLETE] CURL-UPS [0/100]

[INCOMPLETE] SQUATS [0/100]

[INCOMPLETE]RUNNING [0/10KM]

[WARNING— Failing to complete this daily quest will bring a punishment associated with this quest]

"What... is this... This is a joke, right?" He asked himself as he looked at the impossible 'quest' given by the system. He was weak, no way could he do even half of what was stipulated. "Someone hospitalized doesn't have the strength to do this." He figured since the screen suddenly appeared it might as well be a scam. But for now, he was more interested in getting some rest.

"I'll check what this is, after I sleep..." No way was he going to do something like that.

He was going to regret that.

Unknown to him, the hands of the small clock at the end of the system message started moving. The colour of it which was originally green turned to yellow, and then finally red. Before long, there was another message from the system.

[ALARM!]

[You have not completed the daily quest. You are now heading towards the 'PENALTY ZONE' for a certain period of time]