Chapter 7

Dakota runs into Bea's cell. Bea flails around in her bed, her blanket wrapping around her.

"Shh, shh" dakota grabs bea's arms and holds them. She quickly crawls into the bed and pulls Bea into her embrace.

"Debbie! Where's Debbie!?" Bea exclaims

"Shhh, Debbie's not here Bea. She's gone okay?" Dakota whispers and strokes Bea's hair, tears run down bea's face "it's gonna be alright, love. You're gonna be just fine, I promise."

"My little girl," Bea presses her tear-stricken face into Dakotas chest, "my babys gone"

Dakota nods her head as Bea begins sobbing again, "I'm sorry, Bea. So so sorry" Bea stays silent and eventually cries herself back to sleep. Dakota holds her for a couple hours to make sure she sleeps before laying her down and covering Bea with a blanket. She walks out and sees the others sitting at the table

"Is she alright?" Liz asks

Dakota shakes her head, "no. Another nightmare I presume. She's been sleeping for a couple hours now so at least she's getting some rest."

"We all know who did this, right?" Doreen asks

"Of course we do! It was Jacs!" Boomer exclaims. Dakota shushes her and glares

"Quiet boomer!" She snaps and booms go silent. Dakota sighs and sits down, "I'm worried for her"

"I know. I am too." Franky says, "but this is Bea we're talkin' about, she'll be fine, eh?"

Dakota nods, "she'll be fine eventually. It'll just hurt for a while." She closes her eyes and leans back in the chair, "and keep her away from Jacqui, yea? I'll take care of that skank"

The others nod and head back to their cells. Franky walks up behind Dakota and rests her hands on her shoulders.

"You're hot when you're serious, y'know" she massages Dakota shoulders.

Dakota moves her neck to the side and groans, "mhmm" she hums when Franky presses a kiss to her neck.

A guard comes up and knocks on the bars,
"Jennings, come here"

Dakota opens her eyes and stands, she walks over to Vera.

"Yes, Vera?"

Vera rolls her eyes, "Stop trying to be friendly. I'm a guard, you're an inmate, nothing more" she says loudly.

Dakota looks at her unamused, "is that really necessary?"

"Yes!" She replies, "they can't know that we're friends!"

"It's fine, Vera, Franky knows and the other girls in this unit know im Russian thanks to Doreen" Dakota says, "it'll come out eventually."

"Ugh, whatever. Look, Parker brought in a message. He couldn't visit for some reason but I made sure I got it before another guard looked through it."

"..did you look through it?" She asks

The guard shakes her head, "no, I didn't. But it's probably something from your current client"

Dakota nods, "most likely. Do you have it now?"

Vera slips an envelope through the bars. Dakota takes it and stares at the fancy writing and wax seal

"Holy shit, these people are fancy. I feel like I'm dirtying it by touching it" Dakota says

Vera nods, agreeing, "that was my first thought too. You're gonna get a shit ton of money afterwards."

"Alright. Thanks Vera." Dakota says and backs away.

Vera smiles and nods again before walking away. Dakota smiles back before walking to her cell. She carefully breaks the seal and peers inside.