"We'll definitely make it up to them, Dadu. And really, who could stay mad at me for long?" Ahil boasted, flashing his signature grin that could win anyone over.

A wave of laughter swept across the table, echoing the family's tight bond and mutual understanding.

As dinner wrapped up, warm goodnights were exchanged all around, and the family dispersed, heading off to their rooms, content with the day's end and looking forward to tomorrow's adventures.

With Ahil....

In his room, Ahil was chilling on his bed when his gaze drifted towards the secret drawer. A cheeky grin spread across his face as he pulled it open, revealing a stack of letters. Digging deep, he grabbed the one at the very bottom. It was his first ever letter from his chipmunk and he eagerly began to read.

...Hey there,

Okay, I'll be honest. Writing letters isn't my thing, so please, bear with me. Let's get this straight—I'm no Shakespeare when it comes to penning letters. Ugh, this feels so weird. Like, who even writes letters in the age of social media? But here I am, scribbling away...

After a brief pause, curiosity got the better of him, and he shuffled through the pile for another piece of nostalgia.

...Hi Mr,

Man, you wouldn't believe how much I walked today. Seriously, my granddad is unstoppable. Despite his age, he's out here strolling like he's still in his twenties. And then there's me, just trying to keep up....

But it was the next letter that really tugged at his heartstrings, his all-time favorite.

...Hello Mr Whosoever,

First off, happy birthday! Or happy belated birthday? I'm shooting in the dark here, not knowing when this letter might find its way to you. But hey, consider yourself lucky. I never forget my friends' birthdays. And just imagine, if we ever meet up, I'm gonna shower you with gifts and surprises...

With a tender smile, Ahil carefully placed all the letters back into the drawer, locking away the memories once again. He floated over to the window, taking in the spectacular view of the starlit night, a wide, content smile playing on his lips.

Feeling a wave of drowsiness, he let the calm of the night lull him into a peaceful sleep, wrapped in the warmth of cherished memories.

With Vivaan,

He sifted through the files, his frustration mounting with every document he reviewed. A part of him yearned to simply set the pile aflame and escape to the furthest reaches of the earth. Setting his burdens aside, he made his way to his parents' room. Initially, he contemplated leaving without a word, but ultimately, he chose to knock.

The door swung open to reveal his mother, concern etched on her face. "Vivaan, my dear, is everything all right?" She hadn't expected him at such a late hour, and her worry was palpable.

"Mom, have I disturbed you or Dad?" Vivaan inquired, glancing at the sleeping figure on the bed.

"Not at all. Come in," she welcomed him warmly, as Padmini shut the door behind him.

Vivaan peered at his father, who remained soundly asleep, before making his way to the balcony to sink into the couch. Padmini joined him shortly after, securing the balcony door behind her.

"What's on your mind—" Her question was left hanging as Vivaan pulled her into an unexpected embrace.

"Mom, I'm truly sorry for raising my voice this morning. My frustration got the better of me," Vivaan confessed.

Padmini exhaled a mix of relief and affection, her smile turning gentle. "I know you didn't mean any harm, sweetie. And it's wrong of me to push you towards things that just don't sit right with you. I just want what's best for you, but maybe this time I went a bit too far. Will you forgive me?" She soothed, her fingers running through his hair in a comforting rhythm.

"Ma, I love you. Thank you for your support and understanding. Thanks for always being there, for getting me even when I mess up," Vivaan expressed with a heartfelt smile.

"I love you too, my child," she murmured, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

As Vivaan resettled on his seat, he glanced through the glass door at the interior room and caught sight of his father standing still as a statue, a comical sight that made him startle, then burst into laughter at his father's expression. Aman entered in the balcony and asked "Why are you all still awake?"

"Actually, Dad, I wanted to talk to mom," Vivaan explained.

"Alright, that's enough for tonight. No more work, that's an order from your dad, got it?" Aman declared, gently ushering his wife back towards their room.

Vivaan couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. He went on to close the balcony doors, ensuring his parents had their privacy.

"Goodnight, lovebirds," he affectionately whispered, planting a gentle peck on each of their foreheads. With a final smile, he quietly closed their bedroom door behind him and made his way to his own room, ready for a good night's sleep.

Hope you guys like this chapter too.
Please vote and comment.