Fly

(y/n) let out a nervous breath as they inched closer to the cliff's edge, a feeling of dread filling their stomach as they looked at the long drop down. They turned to their left, looking at Link with a petrified expression, to which the legendary hero just gave a silent nod.

"T-This is crazy... This is crazy!" they muttered to themselves as they fiddled with the paraglider in their hands, "What have I gotten myself into this time?!"

(y/n), after seeing Link glide smoothly through the air on his own paraglider, begged to be taught how to use a paraglider as well. In their mind, they thought that it would be an amazing experience, but when the time came to actually jump off a cliff and get some air, they couldn't help but feel petrified. He had explained the process multiple times, how to open the paraglider mid-air, how to land, how to fall, but they were still hesitant.

"O-Okay! Here I go!" they shouted as they got a running start.

They leapt. Their stomach turned as they fell for a few seconds before unfurling the paraglider. (y/n) yelped as their body was pulled upright to match the smooth fall of the paraglider. After a few moments, they too were gracefully floating down to the ground. They let out a couple of nervous laughs as they took in the view from above. The churning in their stomach and the sound of the wind on their ears were both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

"I'm doing it!" (y/n) shouted back to Link, who gave them a wave, "This is amazing! I got it!"

They were so caught up in what they were doing that they didn't even see the tree they were barreling straight towards. By the time they faced forward again, it was too late. (y/n) collided hard with the large oak tree and tumbled to the ground with a rough thud. Link, who was much more experienced, glided down to (y/n) without a scratch on him.

"I-I'm fine..." groaned (y/n) as they pressed their knees into their chest, "I just... Ow... Gimme a minute..."

They slowly sat up, a pained groan escaping from their lips. Link again tried to attend to (y/n), but they just swatted him away, insistent that they were okay. He said it would take some getting used to, especially if they had a fear of heights.

"I do not have a fear of heights!" (y/n) shouted, rising to their feet, "I was being asked to jump off a cliff, anyone would be a little intimidated!"

Link gave them a blank stare while they grumbled under their breath.

"Let's get out of here," they frowned, "I hear there's a place that opened up nearby that will cook a steak for you at a decent price."

Link's ears perked up at this supposed establishment, as if they were finally talking his language.

"I thought that too! They'll just cook the food and then bring it out to you too! The future is now, I guess..." they mused.