fourteen

THE JOURNAL, IT'S REVEAL AND A MUTUAL AGREEMENT

after calming down from her tears, the princess opened the journal to the first page, frowning to herself as she read the words.

to my dear cordelia, this book wiill answer all of the questions you have and bring understanding to your pain. it has helped me as well.

love your father, king chizoba.

she lowered her head as she sighed before turning to the next page that was bookmarked while neuvillette stood to go retrieve them something to drink, promptly asking the princess for what she wanted. she watched as he left for a moment, staring lower like she did earlier before turning back towards the book.

i am truly sorry for not telling you the full truth.. for not being lenient enough to let you go above the sea line like your siblings and for not being understanding that you never wanted to be queen.. i know you, my youngest.. i've seen how you light up over the smallest invetions in fontaine, you even cried when i brought you back a well designed fork and called it a masterpiece among it's species. a dingglehopper! you were filled with light and joy.. and i'm sorry i could not guide you to continue in that matter. i am sorry for not being your understanding father at dinner earlier tonight.. but what i am doing is for your safety. my daughter.. i

she frowned at the smudged endng, but kept reading down the page.

the only words she could make out were the words egeria, sin and prophecy. if the book had been on land for this long, why had the words been smudged and illegible? neuvillette was an honest man, so her only thought to pin the blame to was her father. she shook her head lightly as she looked back towards the end of the entry.

stay true to yourself, little eesena. you will rise high and the power of the one above with come to you shortly my child. you will be our salvation.

again with the salvation. how would she be the salvation when she could barely understand how to use the trident. her gut burned a bit as the anger rose in her body. asleep for one year.. gets a trident from a mysterious voice and finally the iudex hands her a box that isn't telling her the answers she needs to know all while being on land in a place she could only read and learn about through books and brief teaching? and.. what power from the one above? an archon?

she turned the page, seeing the drawing of her father's trident and a few things written down.

each generation of eesena: noble, king or regular commonfish will choose one child to wield the trident the time of war to represent their family. their weapons will be from past generations until they become of age to create their own for their families. to eesena, the trident represents all three phases of creation. either the body, mind, and soul or the heavens, the seas and the abyss.

in all, the trident is a symbol of rebirth, strength and victory. the royal trident is embedded with the light of the pmdia on and can have a mild affect to those who are not able to wield their gratifying power. such a power that shook the overns down yet was gentle enough to create life and keep eesena safe. yet as time as gone on, many royalty have experience the strength of the almighty dsnde above due to fighting battles with beckoning creatures of evil. golden light and their normal element shining brightly at the thought of eesena being in danger. be sure to calm yourself the best you can when in battle.

her eyes narrowed as she lookes for anymore information on how to use it, only to find. stay patient and true to yourself. she flipped through the ending pages, saw they were all blank and groaned loudly.

mesha went back to the beginning and tried to gently tug a..was it matted together? she was growing fustrated as the pages seemed molded against each other. the tired anger and bitterness were slowly clouding the area around her.