Conversations

I panted as I crossed into the Glade, wincing as the doors began to shut only moments after. Safe to say that the Griever was definitely not dead, and it actually seemed to be waiting for me when I got back to the area where we had lost it. It had taken me most of the day to lose it, and even then I had to circle back multiple times before I felt it safe enough to make my way back to the Glade. 

The doors shut behind me with a loud boom and a shiver ran up my spine at the reminder of how close it was. Unfortunately for me, the rumbling of the doors had covered the sound of someone storming up to me furiously. I stood straight, my eyes blowing wide as the boy ran up to me. I masked my surprise with a sarcastic grin, "Look who it is! Mad that you didn't get to go back- HEY!" I yelled as he pushed me, falling onto my back with a grunt. 

"Minho, what the hell?!"

"What the shuck were you thinking?!" He yelled, jumping on top of me. I yelled at him to get off of me, landing a kick to his stomach and making him roll away from me. I stumbled to my feet as Nick and Newt rushed over, quickly stopping Minho as he jumped to his feet.

"What's going on here?!" Nick shouted, his eyes roaming me for injuries before meeting my angry gaze.  "This shank just jumped me for no reason!" I scoffed, my eyes throwing daggers Minhos way. He shoved Newt away and stormed up to us, "What were you thinking?! Going back into the maze and back to where we left that Griever- you could have died! You could've trapped yourself in the maze!"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh please, we're already trapped in the stupid maze-"

"You know what I meant!" He fumed, a tick forming in his jaw.

"Oi! Back off mate!" Newt scoffed, shoving him away from me. Minho glared at the blonde as he came up to my side, offering me some water. I murmured a quiet thank you, realizing how scratchy my throat felt from yelling right after running. Nick pinched the space between his brows as I gulped down some water, eyeing Minho and me for a moment before settling on the still fuming boy. 

"Minho, she was just doing her job," He sighed, "Although, next time I would appreciate it if you didn't wait until the last second to get back to the Glade." He said sternly, moving his gaze to me. The sarcastic grin made its way back to my face, "Right, next time I'll tell the Griever I can't play all day. My bad." I scoffed, realizing how tense I still was as his hand gently grasped my elbow. I took a shuddering breath at the comfort it brought me, my experience with the Griever starting to catch up with me. 

When neither Minho nor Newt said anything further, Nick began to walk me further into the Glade. "Let's get you cleaned up and then something to eat." He murmured, tightening his grip as I sniffed and nodded. We made our way to the dingy bathroom, Nick double checking that no-one was in there before asking me to turn around. 

I raised a brow, "Turn around? I feel like I should be asking you that." I teased weakly, sniffling and rubbing my arms. He smiled patiently, "I just wanted to check your back and make sure you didn't get scrapped up from Minho or the Griever."

I nodded and turned, taking off my pack and lifting my shirt so my back was exposed. I held back a wince as his fingers ghosted my spine. "No major scratches, but you'll definitely be bruised." He said, causing me to sigh. I flinched as a cold cloth met my back, pressing myself into it a moment later. He chuckled, "Sorry, I should've warned you... But this should help with the swelling." 

"I didn't realize you were a medjack now Nick." I teased, looking over my shoulder at him. He snorted, "Hardly, it's just a random fact I remembered." I hummed but said nothing, doing my best to focus on the cold of the towel and not on my most recent near-death experience. When he seemed satisfied he removed the towel and set it in the sink, turning me to face him with a knowing look.

Subject A0 - The Magicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें