Chapter- 14 Misunderstanding!

The next morning, Ruhi hurriedly descended the stairs. It was already 10, and she had slept way too much compared to her usual time. She had already postponed her two morning meetings, and nothing could irritate her more than she already was. She was annoyed with her brothers as none of them had came to wake her up. Her Dada didn't know about her schedule, which she understood, but her Bhaiyu? He always kept a check on her schedules, knowing that sometimes her stupid body behaved differently, just like a lazy owl hanging on the tree upside down!

As she made her way towards the door to leave, she collided with Rupali and groaned internally. The lady was the last person she wished to see so early.

"Dekh kar nahi chal sakti tum? (Can't you see and walk?)" Rupali chided angrily.

Ruhi sighed, "Mujhe chhune se agar aapke andar germs aa gaye honge, to (If germs have entered your body by touching me, then) Just go and take a bath... because I am thinking of doing the same," she muttered under her breath, dusting off invisible dust from her coat.

Rupali, who heard it, fumed, "Tumhari itni himmat... bhoolo mat iss ghar mein tum kuch din ki mehman ho. (You have so much courage... don't forget, you are just a few days guest in this house.)"

Ruhi stiffened, "Kya matlab? (What do you mean?)"

Rupali scoffed, "Tumhe kya lagta hai hum tumhe iss ghar mai rahene denge? Tum wapas aa gayi ho lekin hum khud tumhe iss ghar se nikal ke rahenge. Tumhari iss ghar mai na pehle koi jagah thi na ab koi jagah hogi. (Do you think I will let you stay in this house? You have come back but I will myself throw you out of this house. There was no place for you in this house earlier and there will be none now either.)"

Ruhi nodded, "Well yeh baat toh mujhe pata hai. You see aap har baar ek he dialogue bolti hai rahti hai toh mere dimag ke system mai vo ache se save ho gaya.(Well, I know this fact. You see, every time you say the same dialogue, it gets saved well in my mind's system.)"

"Tum lagti bhul gayi vo hum kya kya kar sakte hai tumhare sath? Isliye itni zuban chala rahi ho humare samne. Nahi? (Have you forgotten what all I can do with you? That's why you keep running your mouth in front of me. Isn't it?)" Rupali asked with an evil smirk, "Yaad dilaye hum? (Shall I remind you?)"

Ruhi's eyes blazed, "Kuch saal pehle jo aapne kiya vo uss Ruhi ke sath kiya tha jo tuti, haari aur bikhar hui thi. Par aaj jo Ruhi aapke samne khadi hai, Mrs. Khanna, vo aapko thikane lagane ki himmat rakhti hai, and for fact, aapka beta bhi mera kuch nahi bigad payega. (A few years ago, what you did was with that Ruhi who was broken, defeated, and shattered. But today, the Ruhi standing in front of you, Mrs. Khanna, has the courage to set you right, and in fact, your son won't be able to do anything to me.)"

Rupali gulped, hearing the venom in her voice that sent shivers down her spine, yet she composed herself, "Jab itni nafrat hai dil mein, wapas kyun aayi ho? (Why did you come back when there is so much hatred in your heart?)" something she was eager to know for the past few days.

Ruhi looked at her phone, it was ringing continuously. She disconnected the call and looked back at the lady, "Iccha hui meri wapas ane ki, toh aa gayi. Jab jaana hoga, toh chali bhi jaungi. (My wish. I felt like coming back, so I came. When it's time to go, I'll go.)" Saying this, she moved to leave.

"Khai asa toh nahi ki tum Darr gayi," Rupali pressed, stopping her in her tracks. "Daar gayi ki yeh Khanna Empire tumhare Dada ka na ho jaye. Waise bhi tum toh bachpan se iss ghar ke niyam janti he thi ki Khanna pariwar ki bahu betiyan kaam nahi karti. Aur hume acche se pata hai ki tumhe humare pati ki... Yash ki company mein kitna interest tha par ab jab vo company tumhare Dada ki ho gayi toh tumse raha nahi gaya aur tum apna hissa mangne aa....(Are you afraid that the Khanna Empire might become your brothers? Afraid that this Khanna Empire might not belong to you anymore. Besides, you have known since childhood the rules of this house that the daughters of the Khanna family do not work. And I know very well how interested you were in my husband's company...Yash's company since childhood, but now that company belongs to your brother, you couldn't resist and came to claim your share...)"