Wakas

"I would like to quit writing. For many years, I have dedicated myself to giving life to people without realizing I have already forgotten mine. The very thing that kept me alive before had died, and I just want to live again. I want to live again. For now, goodbye."

REREADING her novel had been her hobby every time she wanted to pass some time. Nasa loob sila ng teatro habang naghihintay na mag-umpisa ang performance ng kaniyang pinsan, si Jasia.

"Grabe, punong-puno pa rin ang theater," ani niya.

"Of course, Mommy. It's her retirement performance, after all," sagot naman ng kaniyang katabing may suot-suot na pink ribbon sa buhok. Pinagmasdan niya ito habang nilalakbay nito ang tingin sa bawat sulok ng teatro—ang iba ay abala pang hanapin ang mga seat at ang iba naman ay nagse-settle pa lang.

Napunta ang tingin nito sa kanan kaya napasilip din siya. Isang bata ang naglalakad sa hagdan habang may hawak na inumin ang kamay. Bigla itong natisod dahilan para mabitiwan nito ang dala. Subalit bago pa man ito matapon sa sahig, hindi nagdalawang-isip ang kaniyang katabi na gamitin ang kakayahan.

She snapped her fingers to release some black dusts and let it rescue the milk drink. Like a servant, the dusts delivered the milk on her palm quick without allowing anyone nor the kid to notice.

"Are you okay?" tawag nito sa bata.

Inangat ng bata ang tingin at saka tumayo.

Inabot naman ng bata ang milk drink. Mahina ang boses nitong nagpasalamat bago kumaripas ng takbo paalis.

Ngiting-ngiti ibinalik ng katabi ang tingin sa entablado, proud na proud sa sariling ginawa. Subalit siya ay napasimangot at kaagad na kinurot ang tagiliran nito.

Napaigtad si Imris sa kaniyang ginawa. "Ouch naman, Mommy!"

"I told you not to flaunt your power," bulong niya habang nanlilisik ang mga mata.

"I'm not flaunting it. I just helped the kid," saad nito habang hinihimas ang tagiliran na kinurot. "Nobody saw it, anyway. They're all busy."

"Kahit na. Be careful, okay?"

"Fine," nakasimangot nitong sagot.

Imris had inherited Xibel's ability when she turned five. Even she was surprised. Based from her writing, the coriar can only be inherited by ingesting them. However, its form is highly toxic to the human body, unless the power was turned into something different before ingesting them.

She once asked Imris about it and found out that he had feed her fruits made out of his coriar. That led Imris to have her own.

She couldn't understand why the system had let her have the power and didn't erase them. Some of the logic from her story had remained in Imris, as well as, the memories.

It had been fifteen years since Xibel left. And she could remember vividly how Imris cried the next day because she couldn't find her father anymore.

Imris didn't forget about Xibel.

The connection they had might have led Imris to have the system's privileged too.

"Mommy, hindi ka na ba talaga magsusulat ulit?" Pinatong nito ang siko sa kamay ng upuan at nakapangalumbabang tiningnan siya. "Why don't you give Papa his own story? You turned him back to a saint again, right? Give him and Celestialiana another chance."