Prologue

"What even happened Ro bhai?" Rahul asked, emphasising on the word bhai.

Rohit looked up to hear Rahul calling him bhai, he sighed and said, "I don't want to dwell in the past Rah, it's ok now."

"Look at me and say it's ok, I know it is not. I can't even imagine you both like this, how much it must be hurting you." Rahul said, helpless.

Rohit again looked at him, tears in his eyes, "You are right kiddo, it's not ok. It's not ok right now, but it will be, it has to be." Rohit whispered, his voice hoarse with unshed tears.

Rahul could not see Rohit like this, the only two times he had seen Rohit so devastated was during the two world cup campaigns of 2019 and 2023.

And he was looking way more miserable now. Rahul sat beside Rohit, slinging a hand over his shoulder.

"Bhaiya you know that I am with you right? We all are with you guys. We are not going to let our worshipped bond go to waste." Rahul said and Rohit could not stop his tears.

"It's not going to happen baccha, I don't want it to. I know it hurts a lot but it's better this way." Rohit said, his voice cracking, as he let his tears flow while Rahul embraced him.

~~

"Vi bhai at least tell me what happened?" Jassi asked again.

"It's over jassi, I have lost him. I don't know how I am going to go without him being the way he was in my life." Virat said his eyes fixed on a photo of him and Rohit.

"But at least tell me what happened? We could at least help you." Jassi said, just like Rahul, helplessly.

"It's of no use Jassi, I guess this is it. This is how it was supposed to end." Virat said, now caressing the photo.

"Bhaiya we can't see you guys like this, please tell me what happened." Jassi said sitting in front of Virat and taking the photo from his hand.

"Give my Ro back to me." Virat said at once, taking the photo back in his hand.

"You can't even bear to keep his photo aside, how are you going to go on without him in your life?" Jassi asked.

Virat looked up from the photo and towards Jassi, "I don't even know, but I'll learn." He said, a tear escaping his eye.

"We can help bhaiya, we can solve this together." Jassi said trying to convince him.

Virat shook his head, as tears flowed freely now, "It's not going to happen baccha, I don't want it to. I know it hurts alot but it's better this way." Virat said as Jassi hugged him tight.

A/N: Hey guys I am shamelessly back with another book. I am sorry I have many requests still but I just couldn't not write this one.

Please vote and comment your views. Also what might have happened to cause a rift between our RohiRat? What do you guys think?

Till next time Toodlesss ♡♡