Prologue

Riddhima's heart raced as his gaze locked onto hers, filled with suspicion and darkening by the second.

"How do you know him?"

He demanded, his voice sharp and dangerous.

"I... I don't know him,"

Riddhima stammered, her voice trembling as she tried to withstand his intense stare.

He let out a low, sinister chuckle that sent chills down her spine. "You know, princess," He murmured, his tone dripping with menace,

"I hate lies, especially when they're uttered by the one I cherish the most."

Riddhima struggled with the weight of her deception, knowing the truth was something she couldn't afford to reveal.

"Speak, princess," Abhimanyu commanded, his voice cold and authoritative.

"HOW. DO. YOU. KNOW. HIM?"

He demanded again, each word emphasized with controlled rage.

Riddhima hesitated, fumbling for words as she felt the pressure of his question. "I won’t ask again,"

Abhimanyu said, his voice tight with barely contained fury.

"He was just a friend from college,"

Riddhima finally managed to say, her voice weak and unsure. Even as she spoke, she couldn't bring herself to meet his eyes.

"Is there anything more between you two?"

Abhimanyu pressed, his gaze unwavering.

"N-no,"

Riddhima stuttered, her discomfort evident as she avoided his eyes.

Abhimanyu pulled out his phone and showed her a picture. "But this photo tells a different story. It seems your relationship went beyond friendship,"

He remarked.

Riddhima’s eyes widened in shock as she saw the image. The secret she had tried so hard to keep was on the verge of being exposed. Fear gripped her as she realized the confrontation she had dreaded was about to unfold.

"What’s the matter, wifey? Can’t remember? Do you need a reminder?"

Abhimanyu's tone grew more menacing.

"He was your boyfriend, wasn’t he? The reason you hesitated to marry me? Am I right?"

His voice grew louder with each question, his anger intensifying. "Am I right?!" he shouted, his rage boiling over.

Riddhima flinched at his outburst, recoiling from the force of his anger. "TELL ME!" he bellowed, his voice echoing in the room.

"I... I’m sorry, please..."

She whispered, her voice breaking in a desperate plea to calm his fury.

"In our relationship, apologies mean nothing. Every action has consequences. But what you've done is more than a mistake—it's betrayal. My wife, the person I love the most, has betrayed me!"

In an instant, his hand connected with her cheek, sending her sprawling to the floor. The impact was sudden, sharp, and completely unexpected.

Riddhima’s head snapped to the side, her cheek stinging as the room seemed to spin for a second. She brought her hand up to her face in shock, her fingers trembling as they touched the now-burning skin.

For a moment, everything went still. The sound of the slap echoed in her ears, but all she could focus on was the overwhelming disbelief.

Abhimanyu had never raised a hand to her before, not in all the time they had been together. Her eyes filled with tears, not just from the physical pain, but from the deep emotional wound it inflicted.

"Abhi..." she whispered, her voice barely audible, breaking under the weight of her shock and hurt. She looked up at him, hoping to see regret or sorrow in his eyes, but his face was still hardened with rage, his breathing heavy as if he had been holding in that moment for too long.

"You drove me to this,"

He said, his voice low but brimming with anger. His fists were still clenched at his sides, the tension in his body barely contained. "You made me do this, Riddhima."

Her heart shattered at his words. He was blaming her.She couldn’t comprehend it—She wanted to run from here, to escape the suffocating tension that filled the room

She tried to run to the door, desperate to escape him at that moment, but his hand shot out, grabbing her wrist with a firm, unrelenting grip.

"Where do you think you're going?"

His voice was low and dangerous.

Before she could answer, he yanked her back, slamming her against the wall with enough force to knock the breath from her lungs.

She gasped, her heart pounding wildly, eyes wide with fear as she found herself trapped. His body loomed over hers, his strength overpowering, leaving her nowhere to turn.

The cold wall pressed against her back, while his firm hold pinned her in place, her wrist throbbing from his grip. His face was inches from hers, his breath hot and ragged, filled with fury. The intensity of his gaze burned into her, a mix of betrayal and anger swirling in his darkened eyes.

"You're not going anywhere," he growled, his voice filled with venom. "You think you can just run from this? From me?"

Riddhima struggled to breathe, her chest tightening as panic set in. She had never seen him like this, so full of rage, and the danger in his voice made her feel helpless, like prey caught in the claws of a predator.

"There's no escape from me. Even with your betrayal, you’re mine, and only mine. I love you beyond measure; without you, my life is meaningless. The thought of losing you is unbearable—it would destroy me,"

He declared, his voice tinged with a dark resolve.

Suddenly, he seized her lips with a forceful fervor, kissing her with an intensity that left no room for respite, depriving her even of the chance to catch her breath.

Riddhima knew the consequences of her actions were looming over her. Abhimanyu despised betrayal, and she braced herself for the punishment she feared was inevitable

★⋆. ࿐࿔

Warning -: This content is intended for mature audiences only and should not be viewed by individuals under the age of 18 or those who may be sensitive to explicit or abusive content.

Please be aware that engaging with this material may evoke strong emotional responses and could be triggering for some individuals who have experienced trauma or are sensitive to explicit content.