012 - 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

---------•✯•---------

Ben was the only one she told about the things that happened yesterday, everything was just so confusing and Eliana didn't even know what actually did happen. Besides, no one would ever believe that something dragged her underwater.

Honestly she don't even believe it herself, maybe it's just in her head.

Anyway, her, Ben and Minho is on the way back to the glade. It was greenie day today, and he has probably already arrived.

It was really hot in the glade today, and no clouds on the sky. So Eliana was sweating like a pig, even though she had clothes that's good for the temperature, and she poured water on her face when needed.

After five minutes the trio was back in the glade. It seemed normal and everyone was working like always, so it's probably a normal greenie that behave.

They headed to the Maproom, surprisingly no other runners had return, so they were alone in there. Neither of them was in a mood to talk, so it was mostly quiet in there. Besides the sound of them mapping and all that stuff.

Ben was the first one to get done and leave, and he didn't even say anything before walking out. Eliana frowned a bit at his actions, but shook of the thoughts.

"What's up with him?" Minho asked out of nowhere, his eyes on his supplies.

"I don't know, woke up on the wrong side of the bed." She answered.

"He sleeps in a hammock." He replied, trying to sound funny or something.

"You know what I mean." Eliana said and rolled her eyes, putting away some stuff she had used, since she was done.

"Did you hear people talking under the changing?" He suddenly asked, still not looking at her.

"Maybe, why do you ask?"

"Just answer the question."

"No I didn't hear anything, now you answer my question."

"What? No, no reason." He was clearly lying, but she didn't have the energy to ask.

Eliana just hummed in response, and noticed that he was putting away his things. So she walked out of the room and headed to kitchen area, where everyone already was eating. Minho was walking a bit behind her, not that she cared or anything.

Frypan had made some soup with a bunch of weird things she didn't know the name of, in it. She took a plate and thanked Fry for the food, and sat down beside Ben with the other runners.

There was only a few runners left, and they didn't seem to happy about their jobs. Honestly, it's kinda hard to actually like being a runner. Since the grievers decide to come out in the day too, they have been lucky since no one have seen one on a few days.

Eliana greeted them as she sat down, and a few said something back. Minho soon sat down in front of her, on the other side of the table. She just gave him a short glare when they got eye contact, which was not supposed to happen.

Ben ate in silence, which was weird. Since he gladly started conversations, no matter the situation. She also decided to stay quiet for a bit, and she didn't have anything to talk about, the others were already talking with each other.

She could see Newt, Alby and the new guy a few meters away. They was talking about something, but she couldn't hear what they were talking about. Alby was for sure really annoyed, and Newt just looked like he usually do. But he had a smile on his face, and was looking at the greenie in a different way.