Chapter 1- Realisation

The long fought battle with Lucifero was finally at an end. Asta had dealt the final blow to the Demon king with a swift strike across his torso. However, as the demon was slowly vanishing into nothingness, he let out a weak yet prideful laugh. Even if he couldn't fully manifest into the human world, he had undoubtedly laid waste to it.

As the final blow was dealt, Asta fell out of devil union as him and his demon brother Liebe fell to the floor.
"Wow. What a battle am I right gu"-
Asta had been so engaged in the battle, so desperate to save everyone that he hadn't even realised that his words had fallen short. There was nobody left to hear them.

He started to panic and frantically ran around looking for signs of life. His brother tried to call out to him but he didn't even hear him. He stumbled around with tears in his eyes as he saw his fallen comrades who fought beside him. He then comes across his squad mates the Black Bulls.
"Oh no" he says through tears.
"No no no no NO! I refuse to believe it!" He begins to despair as he finds his brother Yuno in a pool of blood with a bone through his heart. At the time of Zenon's death, he made a last ditch effort with special magic to end the outstanding mage who had all but spent his energy and unfortunately the attack landed, going straight through his heart.

Liebe catches up to Asta and finds him looking for something or possibly someone. As Asta grunts along due to his injured body, he finally stops. He kneels down to someone's body. He begins to shake uncontrollably as he picks up the body of his teammate and most treasured person. Noelle silva laid still and yet in his eyes she still looked beautiful.
Before the final battle, Asta had come to realise his feelings of love for the water mage but never had the chance to convey them to her. He was distraught. So much so that he started to breakdown into a loud, exhausting cry. Liebe ran to comfort him but Asta passed out, eyes blank after roaring in pain towards the sky.

———————————————————————————

Yo! This is my first attempt at any type of fanfic and I just sort of thought up the idea today and tried to put it into words. Make sure to leave some feedback if you feel like it as I know I definitely have room to improve. Feel free to say as you please because I'm happy to receive all sorts of comments you may have. Write as your heart desires! I'll try be consistent with this story but I'll see how it goes.