𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟢𝟢

BANG

The seashell bracelet glimmered in the light of the flickering bulb above, a stark contrast from the black glove covering the wrist which adorned it.

The h/c haired woman's gaze was cold as the man teetered back, a look of disbelief on his face as his gaze trailed down to the spot of red growing on his chest.

"You... heartless bastards..." he fell to the floor with a loud thud as the woman tucked away her gun, immediately turning away to leave.

"Woah... look at that." one of her colleagues murmured before glancing back at her, "You killed him wayyy too quick, Rookie."

"Our client said he wanted him dead. There. He's dead." y/n replied simply with a shrug as she pulled her glove over her bracelet, glancing back at the pair, "Let's get back to the ship."

"No, he told us to make him suffer then kill him." her colleague with the green eyes pointed out.

"A dead man is a dead man, whether or not he suffered before he died doesn't matter." she replied. Her colleague with the short strawberry blonde hair sighed and slung an arm over her shoulders, an action that proved to be a little difficult due to their difference in height.

"We need to bring the body with us. The least we could do is make it look like he suffered." she replied before taking out her own gun and pointing it at the corpse. The e/c eyed woman watched in silence as her shorter partner shot the body repeatedly, further staining the rather nice carpet with red.

Y/n wasn't very fond of her coworkers.
Her employer paired her with them, as the last one to work with them had met an untimely demise.

The short woman... y/n hadn't bothered to commit her name to memory. Same with the green eyed man.

Their features were... blurred to her, save for those two identifying features she labeled them by.

The sounds of gunshots was becoming annoying, so she grabbed her blonde partner's wrist and wrenched the gun from her hand, earning a "what the hell, y/n!"

"Enough, you're wasting bullets. Let's go." she sighed, turning and walking off with her companion's gun, much to the shorter woman's dismay.

"Hey! What's your problem, huh?"

"Bullets cost credits. Credits that we could be using for something useful, ever think about that?"

"You're so uptight, Rookie. I've been thinking... maybe you're not cut out for this job." the green eyed man remarked as he strolled after them, swiping a bottle of expensive looking alcohol from the kitchen counter as he passed, "You're a little... soft."

"Soft?" y/n echoed.

"This isn't the first time you've quickly killed a target who was meant to suffer." the man elaborated as the shorter woman tried to retrieve her gun from y/n with little success, the taller woman easily keeping it out of her reach.

"I... don't think anyone deserves to suffer before death." y/n replied quietly, "That's just how I feel, so anyone I end up killing will die quickly. If you don't like that, I'll see myself out when either of you execute someone."

Her colleagues halted, exchanging a look as the h/c haired woman proceeded to the front door. However, just before she could reach it, a door in the hall swung open. Out came a woman, the man's wife. Her brown eyes were like a doe's, soft yet stricken with hatred and rage.

There was a glint, a kitchen knife, and y/n grabbed the woman's wrist. She yanked her arm up and punched the woman in the nose, the knife slipping from her hand as she fell to her knees and clutched her nose.