Chapter - 44

Aditya's POV:

Things were going well with Pihu and we were having a nice time with each other until recently. We had a misunderstanding and it was just my insecurities sometimes that led to this. I am trying my best to keep this in check. That day when Pihu went to her parent's house she was sad that she could not take me with her. I also wanted to go but our situation does not allow us. So to make her mood better I thought to spend some time together on the rooftop. I messaged her and was waiting for her on the rooftop. When their car came inside I thought she would come up in some time. The message was on seen so I thought she read it but she did not see it. I messaged her again and again but still no reply. After waiting for thirty minutes I went to see if she was ok or not. When I entered the room she was hugging Shlok which triggered my insecurities. I knocked down the vase in anger and she looked at me. I didn't want to be rude to her so I left from there.

I came inside my room and let out my anger. When my anger cooled down I thought I should trust her and should not doubt her. I tried to think of some reason but nothing was coming to my mind. For peace, I went to her favorite place and sat there. I don't know when tears started to come from my eyes. I cried for a few minutes when I heard some footsteps coming. I didn't want to show my emotions to anyone from my family so I cleared my tears and sat there. When the person came face to face I was shocked to know it was Pihu. I wanted to talk to her when she sat beside me but my ego came in between. Finally, she talked and we cleared up our misunderstanding. We spent some time but she started to yawn so we decided to call it a night. When we were going back she was showing her brave face but deep down I knew she was getting scared. After talking to her I got to know that she gets scared of ghosts so she never sees horror movies. I laughed at the cute brave face she was making and just like that my anger went away. Spending time with her makes me forget about my worries.

When she told me about Khushi and Shlok I felt bad for him. Pihu planned something to distract Shlok. She wanted me to join but I could not due to sudden meetings. I was really busy in the meeting but I saw she asked me about the outfit so I replied about it.

Since morning I have not talked to her and I was also busy with my meetings. I came home thinking she might have returned. As I entered the house I saw Mom and Dad sitting on the sofa and they were busy with their.

"Oh you came early today," Dad asked me. "Yes it was a very stressful day so I came early for rest," I informed him. "How was the meeting?" he asked about business. Then our business conversation started. Mom came with a glass of water for me. I drank it and she asked, "What do you want to have for dinner?"

"Mom you can cook anything but please send it to my room," I was too tired to come and eat my dinner. Pihu was seen nowhere so I asked "Mom, is Shlok back?"

"No they are not back yet," she informed me. Then she continued "She was looking so pretty today and they both seemed quite happy. I am very excited for their life ahead."

"You know even Shlok was talking so much. I have never seen him being so talkative," it was Dad this time. I wanted to tell them to stop these talks but I kept my mouth shut.

"I have always told you a woman can change a man if she wants. I can see a positive change in Shlok," Mom replied and now I am having my doubt. Is Shlok getting attracted to Pihu? I need to talk to him soon before the matter goes out of hand. I can't force Pihu to love me but some clarity needs to be here.

They were busy with their talk about Shlok and Pihu. They even planned their future kids. I tried to distract myself by engaging myself on the phone. Then I heard a noise of someone entering. I looked from my peripheral and it was Pihu. They started to have their banter and I was listening to them. It was strange what Mom and Dad were saying was true. It seemed as if it was the new Shlok we were meeting. Never in my life, have I seen him so carefree.