Chapter - 40

Pihu's POV:

He was looking somewhere and I followed his vision. There stood the love of his life with someone what she did next made my eyes wide open.

Khushi stood in the arms of some man I don't know, and she kissed him on his lips. They looked like they were romantically involved. I looked at Shlok and he was fuming in anger but he did not approach them. What he did next made me shocked. He sat in the car and did not even look at them.

I came back and sat in the passenger seat. "Shlok," I whispered his name. I have no idea what he was thinking or anything.

"Pihu you can bring your ice cream. I will be here waiting for you," he said and I looked at him shocked. He is serious he just saw the love of his life with someone else and is concerned about the ice cream.

"Leave that ice cream. I need you to talk to me," I pleaded him. I wanted him to speak and show his emotions instead of bottling it up.

"Pihu I don't know what to react and what to say," he confessed and I could see his hands trembling.

"Shlok look at me. We need to find out what's going on before concluding," I tried to give him suggestions.

"How can we do this?" he asked me his eyes still fixed at the front. I tried to think of some plan but saw Khushi leave the person alone.

"Shlok see he is alone. I will go there and ask him about her," I told him my plan.

"I will also come," he said but I denied his request. "Shlok he may know you so you should stay here," I explained to him.

"I want to listen to what he says," he informed me and I thought of some plan. Then it clicked to me and I explained to him "Fine I will call you and keep my phone on so you can listen to our conversation." He agreed to my plan and then I came out of the car. Without wasting any second I went straight to the table where the man was sitting.

"Hi," I said to gain his attention as he was busy on his phone. He looked confused maybe trying to think how he knew me. "Hi," he replied with a smile.

"I know you might be thinking who I am," I tried to give his brain a rest. "I wanted to ask you something," I straight wanted to ask him as I didn't have much time.

He looked confused and asked, "Tell me." "I saw you with that girl you both look too good together," I tried to compliment them. I can't tell him directly that the girl with you is my husband's love.

"Thank you so much," he replied and continued saying "We both love each other a lot." Now he is coming into my trap. "You seem just to start your relationship. I am assuming you recently got together," I tried to conclude as I wanted to know their relationship time.

"Yes we have been together for a year," he confessed. I was shocked to hear that. "Are you sure?" I asked him to reconfirm.

"Yes, but why do you seem so shocked?" he asked me. I changed my expression quickly and said "No actually I thought it was some days only. You guys truly are in love."

He smiled and said, "It was hard to get her first but eventually I did it." He is now on the road of telling me his love story which I am not interested in.

"The fun part was after I proposed she delayed it saying she needed time. On the same day at night she confessed her love for me," he looked as if he was remembering the time.

"It must be lovely," I told him trying to make him stop his love story. I was not in the mood to listen to their undying love confession. I feel bad for him also that he is unaware that she is cheating.

"Sorry you know I can continue talking about her anytime," he sincerely apologizes and now I feel bad for him.

"It's ok. I can see you love her a lot," I told the truth. "But do you need anything?" he asked me.