I'll miss you

The next morning, Shubman woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. As he slowly opened his eyes, he felt a heavy pain in his head. Confused, he looked around and realized that he was in Ishan's room. He couldn't remember how he ended up there or what had happened the night before. As he slowly got up and started his daily routine, he realized that he must have been drunk, but there was something important that he seemed to have forgotten.

He made his way towards the bathroom, and after 10 minutes of singing "na-na-na goriye" in the bathroom, he came out with just a towel. He didn't realize that someone was staring at him, or maybe eye-fucking him. He saw his short best friend staring at his soul.

"Like what you're seeing?" Shubman asked, a little smirk playing on his lips.

"Yes," Ishan replied, without even realizing he had said it out loud.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be this straightforward. I'm impressed," Shubman said, a little proud.

"WAIT—WHAT? No, no, I didn't mean it like that," Ishan quickly replied as soon as he realized, a little embarrassed.

"Yeah, whatever," Shubman said, rolling his eyes. "By the way, what are you doing here?" he added.

"Oh bhai, this is my room," Ishan replied, annoyed.

"Don't call me bhai, yaar" Shubman replied with a pout. "By the way, why am I here?" he added.

"Wow, did you forget the drama you pulled last night? You didn't let me sleep for a minute. Look at these dark circles. It's all because of you," Ishan replied in one breath.

"Oops," Shubman whispered to himself.

"At least say sorry, you motherfucker," Ishan said.

"Sorry, Ishan, but I'm not sorry at all," Shubman replied with a sarcastic smile.

"You're such a jerk," Ishan whispered a little louder.

"I heard that," Shubman replied.

"So what?" Ishan copied Shubman's words from the last test series with England.

"Shut up, Ishan," Shubman replied, hiding his face in his palms in embarrassment.

Ishan just laughed at him...

Shubman was going back to Gujarat today, and he was a little sad because he didn't want to leave Ishan so early. They hadn't even gotten the chance to spend some quality time together. he was feeling a little pain in his head too. The headache was too much for him. he was trying to remember something from last night, but his head was already hurting. So, he decided to ask Ishan about it since they were together. He went to sit near Ishan.

"Ishh, did I do something last night? My head is hurting, and I can't remember, but I can tell I surely did something stupid," he said to Ishan.

Ishan looked a little hesitant and confused at the same time, maybe unsure of whether to tell him or not. "Uhm, Shubi, if you have a headache, then you should rest a little if you want?" Ishan asked, trying to avoid Shubman's question. Shubman understood and nodded in response.

"Ishan, why did you ask Tilak? My plan was really good!" Shubman playfully hit Ishan on the head, pretending to be offended.

"What the heck was your plan? To kidnap them? How would that have worked?" Ishan said, struggling to contain his laughter.

Shubman rolled his eyes at him. "So, what did Tilak tell you?" Shubman asked.

"See, I was right! They're dating. Now you have to do whatever I want," Ishan said, showing Shubman his chat with Tilak, a smirk on his lips.

"Wait, what? No way! Ishh, get this idea out of your mind. I'm not going to do anything," Shubman said in his defense.

"You have to, meri jaan" Ishan replied, teasingly.

"Fine, tell me what I have to do?" Shubman sighed, knowing that he can't win against Ishan.

"I'll see, or maybe I'll ask Cheeku bhaiya for help. He'll be so happy to suggest a good idea," Ishan replied with a smirk.

"No, please Ishh, don't include him. I'm sure he'll give you some stupid ideas," Shubman replied dramatically.

"Wow, I'll tell him what you said" Ishan replied with excitement.

Shubman pulled him by his waist, bringing him close to his face. Ishan was caught off guard, his breathing becoming heavy. He didn't expect Shubman to do this. He felt Shubman's lips near his ears as Shubman whispered, "Ishan." It made Ishan freeze in his place, closing his eyes.

Shubman whispered again, "Don't include him, please."

Ishan stuttered, "I-I won't," still keeping his eyes closed.

"Good," Shubman replied, releasing Ishan from his grip. A smile appeared on Shubman's face as he saw Ishan's closed eyes. Oh, how much he had affected him.

Ishan opened his eyes only to see Shubman smiling. In that moment, he felt a sense of relief. Shubman being so close to him wasn't something new, but it still had a powerful effect on him.

It was time for Shubman to go back to Gujarat. He hugged Ishan for the 77th time, whispering "I'll miss you" repeatedly. He said bye to everyone and prepared to leave. He remembered how he and Ishan were playfully fighting over Ishan's shirt just a few minutes ago, and of course, Ishan won. Shubman had a smile on his face as he reminisced about the moments they shared.

Shubham was on his flight, trying to get some sleep. After a few minutes of dozing off, he suddenly woke up, remembering something from last night.

Flashback

Ishan and Shubman were back in the hotel room. Shubman had a bit too much to drink, and Ishan was taking care of him like a baby.

"Meri jaan, you've had a little too much to drink," Ishan said, trying to prevent Shubman from falling.

Shubman mumbled in response, refusing to let go of Ishan's side.

Ishan was attempting to help him onto the bed when suddenly Shubman pulled Ishan onto the bed and kissed him.

Flashback end

Shubman didn't remember anything else he tried, but there were no more memories in his head. He was completely out of his mind now.

Why the fuck did I have to mess everything up? What will he think now? Shubman wondered. But ishan was behaving normal. Was he pretending not to remember or did he genuinely forget? God, he was so good at acting. Shubman never knew he had that skill.

_________________________________________________________________________