Chapter 14: Between Desire and Anger

The tension between Lexa and Clarke was palpable, an atmosphere charged with conflicting emotions, of desire and anger intertwining in a complex labyrinth of passions and conflicts. After their last argument, they took a momentary break, but the distance between them grew increasingly adversarial, like two currents violently colliding. Lexa, burdened by the demands and responsibilities of her role on the council, was rarely at the tower, and Clarke felt the weight of this absence. Rumors circulating about Lexa, concerning encounters with other women during the war, fueled a jealousy fire in Clarke's heart, burning ever more intensely.

An appointment had been set by Lexa to discuss the situation, but Clarke didn't show up for the arranged meeting. Clarke's absence deeply irritated Lexa, who decided to confront her in her chambers. The tension in the air was palpable as Lexa approached Clarke, asking her what had happened. But Clarke, turned away, remained silent. Lexa slowly moved closer to Clarke, trying to understand her anger. She attempted to kiss her, to get physically closer, "Shall we make love here?" Lexa whispered, her voice laden with desire. Clarke, reacting sharply, rebuffed Lexa's advance. "Don't touch me," she whispered, her voice full of pain.

Lexa stiffened, confused and hurt. "Clarke, can I know what's wrong with you? Have you been with other women?" Clarke asked, trying to keep calm despite the fire burning inside her.

Lexa got irritated, her gaze filled with pain and anger. "I don't know what's gotten into you, but stop with these accusations," she replied sharply. "You haven't answered me, Lexa. I just want you, now. To make love to you, and nothing else." Lexa's hands moved towards Clarke's shirt, but the latter stopped her with a cold look. Clarke rebelled, trying to free herself from Lexa's iron embrace. "We're not going to do anything, you and I," she said with a voice full of pain. "Let me go," Clarke ordered, trying to resist Lexa's grip. But Lexa didn't give in, maintaining her dominance over Clarke. With determination, she held her tightly in her arms, trying to calm the storm of emotions raging between them. "Calm down, Clarke," she said firmly, trying to reason with her. "You didn't hear what I said. I just want you." Lexa's words didn't calm Clarke's anger, who felt betrayed and abandoned. "For how long, Lexa?" she asked, her voice tight with emotion. "And then you'll go off with other women. I thought you loved me." The ensuing silence was deafening, the void separating the two women filled only by the accelerated beating of their hearts and broken only by their labored breaths. Lexa didn't respond, but her gaze spoke more than a thousand words, speaking of intense desire, of uncontrollable passion, of an attraction that burned like fire. In that moment, within the dark walls of the tower, two souls collided with pure intensity. Lexa and Clarke found themselves engulfed in a struggle of conflicting desires, of love and anger mixed together in an irresistible vortex. Lexa's hands explored Clarke's body with burning desire, while the latter fought to resist, to protect her wounded heart.