Nine

The island of Santorini was utterly enchanting where Maddie, immediately was bewitched. The very moment she had laid her eyes on the unsurpassed beauty of the blue and white hill-top paradise, she knew it was magic.

Finally this is the escapade she'd been waiting for, Maddie savored the momentum with the clashing of the wind and the breeze of the sea against her skin. A place away from the busy streets of Manhattan, a place where she can relax and as well as help Apollo, have a break from all the stressors from his work. But then she nearly forgot, this was a business trip after all, they won't even have time to enjoy.

"What's with the face?" Apollo noticed the remark frown on Maddie's face. She was caught off guard and face to give him a smile, instead.

"Nothing, come on, we have plenty of things to manage, right boss?" she look at him, contrast to what she really feels inside.

Apollo was concerned about her, he knew there is something bugging inside Maddie. He wasn't just sure if it was the same as his.

As they approached the shore and went off the Yacht, Maddie immediately removed her sandals and felt the black sand of the Perivolos beach. She closed her eyes as she let her body enjoy the sandy texture under her soles. She opened her eyes and a huge white rock house with blue concave roofs was in front of her. The whole place glistened as the sunset hit the colorful bed of flowers blossoming all over the place.

In Maddie's mind—the rock house turned into a white castle—and the chocolate brown-haired man beside him was the prince.

Apollo stood at Maddie's side watching her blissfully lost in the beauty of this Island. Her innocence to explore the world made Apollo wanted to travel more with her. He studied her, her eyes were closed as she whispered a smile into the wind, and he suddenly had the urge to wonder what her lips would taste like.

"Welcome Mr. Apollo Wexner!"

Apollo and Maddie break off from their respective daydreams when they saw a man walking towards them. "Welcome Sir, it's a pleasure to meet you" he gestured a handshake to Apollo, "I am Remsis, the major domo of this resort, I hope you will enjoy your stay here" and they shook hands.

"Thank you, Remsis. This is Ms. Maddie Hendricks, my assistant" he said, and Remsis reached to shook Maddie's hand. "Hi" Maddie said, beaming him a smile, "This place is so..." she trailed off unable to describe the paradise.

"Magical?" Remsis said

"Yes, exactly!" Maddie's eyes widened with delight, it was the same description Maddie had on her mind but she was just too shy to say it.

Remsis led them inside the resort's hotel, and showed them their separate rooms. They followed Remsis down along the hallway, Maddie stopped when she saw a staircase leading down to an open-air arch, and she turned her way that leads to her curiosity. She stared down the stone staircase with pink flowers scattered along it, the steps led to the terrace gardens all the way to the beach.

Excitement burst within Maddie, when Apollo noticed her and stopped beside her, "What are you thinking?" he said amused with Maddie's obvious bliss. She glanced up at him, she pause to stare at him then spoke, "I've never seen anything like this in my entire life," happiness exhibited on her innocent face. "How come this was own privately? How can the owner managed to have this place?"

Apollo smiled then shifted her to keep walking as they went on to follow Remsis who have waited patiently when they stopped. "Because the owner of this place has a very wide wine plantation that needs to be developed by me, which I will buy so he can afford the keep up of this place"