Chapter 1

Eira's life was always strange to her, she sometimes felt outplaced in her Viking world

Eira's life was always strange to her, she sometimes felt outplaced in her Viking world. Unlike others Eira possesses a striking blend of Norse and Anglo-Saxon features, reflecting her unique heritage as the daughter of Athelstan, she doesn't know who her mother is but when she was younger she heard Aslaug saying that she was the daughter of a goddess. Eira did not believe it because she knows her father's beliefs and his struggles with them but in the end, he found his god and felt reborn again. Eira at the time being so young felt happy that her father found his happiness in him being "reborn" again, she remembers him telling her how she would need to find her own path in her walk of faith. Eira remembers him giving her a cross and the stories of the bible he would tell her.

Eira wouldn't consider herself a Christian or a follower of the gods. She was just there taking in all the stories everyone would tell her. Eira was currently sitting in her chambers reading from her father's journal. Eira read her part over and over again. The part where she was born, It was shortly after her father returned to Kattegat from Wessex that her mother came to him. Her father spoke in great detail about her mother's beauty and how her knowledge and understanding of his struggles with his faith drew him to her. Eira looked at the drawing he drew of her mother. Eira thought to herself that her mother was a beauty, not just any divine beauty.

Eira's father spent much time in Wessex after she was born he always tried to take care of her and teach her some of his ways. Eira was only 3 when her father died. Eira was taken out of her thoughts when she heard her best friend Siggy enter the room Frantically.

" Eira! We're late, we've got training ." Siggy said giggling while helping Eira out of her bed, Eira's eyes widened when she heard Siggy say this. Eira and Siggy normally train with the Ragnarsons. Eira didn't really like fighting but she did it as support for Siggy who wanted to become a fearsome Sheild-maiden like her Grandmother Largetha. Siggy sometimes visited her grandmother but not for too long because she didn't want to leave Eira alone.

" Siggy I don't wish to be there today, Plus Ivar doesn't really like me very much. It's tiring hearing him insult me all the time" Eira said, she usually avoided being around Ivar. He disliked the fact that her father was a Christian and his offspring lived amongst them. The only reason why Eira was raised amongst The Lothbrok family was because Ragnar himself took Eira under his care but before leaving he left her in the care of a woman named Katia.

Katia was a slave that Ragnar freed, leaving Eira in her care. The last thing he gave Eira was an Axe and a necklace in the shape of Thor's hammer. But Katia died when Eira was 12 leaving Eira alone yet again but not without her friend Siggy whom Eira saved when they were young children. Siggy was abandoned by her father and was left in the care of Aslaug Who neglected her . Eira was playing with Sigurd by the river when they found little Siggy's body. Sigurd ran and went to go and tell his mother while Eira stayed and held siggy's body. The wind changed and that was when Siggy started breathing again in Eira's arms. Eira saved Siggy's life. After that Eira made her keep Siggy by her side, never leaving her.

" Just ignore him, Eira, He's just an angry little cripple. At least my uncle's Sigurd and Hvitserk will be happy to see you." Siggy giggled while saying this. Eira Playfully hit Siggy's arm. Eira knew Sigurid had a crush on her, but it was hard seeing him that way seeing as he was her best friend growing up. While Hvitserk liked to flirt with Eira to which she ignored most of the time . Eira and Siggy left their room and walked outside, Eira had a feeling about today something was just off.

" Something is going to happen siggy, Something big," Eira said, she's been feeling a change in the air

" Hmm maybe the change will be you finally losing your virginity '' Siggy joked around, Eira playfully hit Siggy on her arm again. Siggy was a princess but she did not act like one. She was always acting wild, Eira assumed that it was to get her father's attention but that didn't work cause her father Bjorn still struggled to pay her any mind. Eira was 16 and Siggy was 15, yet she still had more experience in things Eira couldn't imagine. she did not wish to imagine.

Siggy and Eira made their way to the training grounds when they saw Hvitserk and Sigurid sword fighting. Siggy giggled and ran toward Ubbe who was Shooting Arrows with Ivar. Siggy gave her uncle a big hug and turned towards Ivar ruffling his hair.

" Come on Sigrid, Eira is here, don't you want to put on a show for her," Siggy said playfully this made Eira roll her eyes and walk up to Ubbe also giving him a hug. Ubbe was like an older brother to Eira. He took care of her and made sure she was right.

"Are you guys ready for training ?" Ubbe asked the girl who nodded their head.

" I do not understand why you hang out with her Siggy, She is a Christian" Ivar sneered at the both of them. Eira looked at him in his eyes, just staring at how blue they were, it made her uncomfortable so she looked away.

" ha that is what you got wrong uncle, My dear friend Eira is the daughter of a goddess, She is blessed by the gods," Siggy said smiling while putting an arm around her friend who rolled her eyes. She is tired of Siggy saying this. Ever since they were little Siggy claims that she saw Eira's mother come to her and touch her, The day Eira brought " her back". Eira tells Siggy that she is just imagining things.

" Yeah right, Her father was a priest while her mother was probably some slave girl who couldn't bear the thought of having such a daughter," Ivar said while shooting an Eira towards Hvitserk and Sigrid fighting.

" If my mother was a slave girl, that would make your mother a whore who opens her legs for wanderers. I guess they were on the same level " Eira said with a sweet smile on her face. looking straight at Ivar she was sick of him disrespecting her father. Ivar glared at her but turned his attention back to Hvitserk who was charging towards him, While Ubbe and Siggy giggled at this. They liked seeing Eira get annoyed because she normally has this calm presence around her.

They watched as Hvitserk and Ivar fought. Eira didn't want to admit it but Ivar was a pretty good Warrior. Many underestimated him because of his legs while Eira never did. She always knew that Ivar would become a fearsome warrior. As Ivar and Hvitserk finished . Ubbe went to hand a cup to Ivar which was knocked out of his hand by Sigurids axe that he thre. This angered Ivar, and he took his Axe and threw it at Sigurid clipping his head and making blood fall to his face. Eira was about to go and help Sigurid but then she felt a presence whispered in her ear

" The great warrior has returned" Eira looked around trying to see who it was, but she saw no one.

" Are you ok?" Siggy came up to her, looking at her friend, who seemed a little out of it.

" Someone is here," Eira said to Siggy. Then a servant girl came running to them. Telling them that they must come to the town. They all shared a look with each other. Siggy just looked at Eira who seemed to be in a daze.

Eira kept having flashes of images of a man with bright blue eyes. He had no hair, he looked like a warrior, fearsome but he looked tired. Eira looked to Siggy and said

" He is back, Ragnar is back," Eira said with a smile.

A/N: OK I hope you all enjoyed this little intro to Eira's Character, Wanted Eira to have some traits of Athelstan which is always being calm in any situation. Let me know if you guys like her and

please give some suggestions on her character.

Also who do you guys want Eira to end up with?