Plasmasonic#2 (C.T.): Playing games

CUT TO: MINNEAPOLIS, MN

EXT. CARNAVAL THRILLTERRA - MORNING

TO̅MI AND HARPER SAUNTER AROUND THE THRILLTERRA TOGETHER.

[Harper]

(Whispering)

So, what's the plan?

[To̅mi]

(Whispering)

Well, even though this is a rescue mission, it would be best to blend in. We need to try and find clues naturally.

[Harper]

(Whispering)

Clues, like what?

[To̅mi]

(Whispering)

Well, like what happens to someone who loses three games in a row?

[Harper]

(Whispering)

Okay, that might not be too much of an ask. We just have to watch one of the more difficult games.

TO̅MI AND HARPER APPROACH A RING TOSS GAME. THE VENDOR IS A SLEAZY, PORTLY FELLOW WHO BECKONS THE KIDS TOWARD THE COUNTER.

[Ring Toss Vendor]

C'mon, step right up! Play a game of Ring Toss and win a big prize! Any one of these fluffy, stuffed behemoths can be going home with you! All you've gotta do is get rings on the bottles!

ONE OF THE CARNIVAL-GOING KIDS STEPS UP TO THE COUNTER WITH A COCKY ATTITUDE.

[Carnival Going Boy#1]

I'm going to win this one for sure!

[Ring Toss Vendor]

Oh, you think so?

[Carnival Going Boy#1]

Yeah, how hard could it be?

THE RING TOSS VENDOR LOOKS AT CARNIVAL GOING BOY#1'S WRISTBAND AND SEES THAT HE'S LOST TWO GAMES. THE RING TOSS VENDOR FEIGNS A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

[Ring Toss Vendor]

How many games have you lost today?

[Carnival Going Boy#1]

Two, but I can beat this one for sure!

[Ring Toss Vendor]

Oh, if you think so, who am I to stop you?

THE RING TOSS VENDOR PUTS SIX RINGS ON THE COUNTER. CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1 STARTS TO PLAY THE GAME BUT HE LEANS AGAINST THE COUNTER. THE RING TOSS VENDOR THEN COUGHS TO GET CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1'S ATTENTION.

[Carnival-Going Boy#1]

What?

[Ring Toss Vendor]

Don't lean against the counter.

[Carnival-Going Boy#1]

Oh, okay.

CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1 STAYS OFF THE COUNTER AND PLAYS THE GAME BUT DOESN'T GET A RINGER. CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1 LOOKS DOWN AT THE GROUND WITH A SAD EXPRESSION. THE RING TOSS VENDOR FEIGNS COMPASSION AS HE LOOKS AT CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1 WITH A PITIFUL EXPRESSION.

[Ring Toss Vendor]

Oh, boy, that's just too bad, isn't it?

THE RING TOSS VENDOR FEIGNS A PITIFUL EXPRESSION TOWARD CARNIVAL-GOING BOY#1 AS HE MARKS THE LAST SQUARE ON HIS WRISTBAND WITH A MARKER.