21. bottom

MINHO:

My eyes flutter open from my slumber and I stretch my arms, looking around to find the spot next to me cold and empty. Where was Hyunjin?

I get dressed and make my way out of the room, greeting Chan and Jeongin on the way. I found out later that I caused a whole misunderstanding which created more problems for them. I still felt guilty about it but on the bright side, they were together now. They're so cute.

I look down the balcony, finding my mom and Hyunjin sitting together and laughing while making flower arrangements. I smile at the sight.

"Bottom," I hear a snicker from behind me. I turn around and see Seungmin with a smug expression on his face.

"What?" I ask. He eyes my neck and I realize that my shirt didn't leave much for the imagination what Hyunjin did last night.

"Nothing. Go get changed unless you want to start an art exhibition on your body," he says, holding back a laugh.

"You're so mature, you know?"

"Thanks, I learnt from the best," He says, poking fun at me. "Anyways, I finished making calls to the rest of the construction companies so you're free for today. You're welcome." He sassily struts away before I can say anything else.

HYUNJIN:

"What's up, ladies?" Minho says, approaching the table where his mom and I sat. I inwardly smirk seeing the faint marks beneath the fabric of his shirt.

"Hyunjin is helping me with the flower arrangements for my birthday. Isn't he the sweetest?" She says, smiling at me. Her birthday was coming soon and she liked to have it grand, but her husband never liked it. I encouraged her to go all out and have it the way she wants this year because she's free from him and really, she deserves to celebrate her life in the best way possible. She insisted on doing the decorations herself and I must admit, she's a real pro with flowers.

"Really? Where do you know how to make flower arrangements from?" He asks.

"I used to make flower crowns for my mom when I was a kid," I reply and she melts.

"THAT'S SO CUTE!" She says, pinching my cheeks. I blush at the comment.

We continue to sort various flowers together, but my hair kept getting in my way due to the breeze outside. I was blowing it out of my face every two minutes until I feel all the hair move out of my vision.

"What are you doing babe?" I ask Minho, who had grabbed a fistful of my hair and started playing with it.

"Focus there," he ignores my question, eyeing the table full of vibrantly colored flowers. He grabs a few from my pile from time to time. I could work properly now that all the hair was off my face.

"Are you done?" I ask after a while. He hums, bringing a handheld mirror out of nowhere and holding it in front of me.

"You look beautiful," he says fondly. I smile. He had braided my hair and put baby's breath in between strands.

"You're surprisingly good at braiding hair," I say, pleasantly surprised at how neatly it was tied. Yeji still doesn't know how to do it.

"Well, you're not the only one who was momma's boy," he replies with a wink. The thought of little Minho tying his mother's hair and putting flowers in them made my heart incredibly soft.

"Wait, put this on," I say, taking the flower crown from aside which I not so discreetly made while he was occupied with my hair. I knew I wanted to make one for him the moment I saw him. I place it on his head and as expected, he looked gorgeous.