10. take off

MINHO:

It's been over a week since that incident in the rain took place, and Hyunjin and I have been doing fine ever since. We were getting some work done in the office when one of the maids come to call us for lunch.

"We'll be there in a moment," I reply with a smile. I hear Hyunjin groan from behind me.

"If I see any more paperwork in the next twenty-four hours, you bet your ass you won't be hearing from me for another week," he says as he wipes off the sweat forming on his forehead. I chuckle.

I was starting to like Hyunjin in a way a boyfriend should. Or husband, whatever works in our situation. I liked observing little things about him, certain habits and mannerisms that just make him adorable.

"I know," I reply, neatly leveling and stacking a set of documents, "I've been training to become a king my entire life, but if I knew it was gonna turn out like this I'd have preferred to live as a common man and do whatever the hell I want."

After sorting out the last stack of documents, we walk out of the office together. With the way we were sweating, one might think we were returning from the gym. It has barely been a month but I was already exhausted.

"Hey kids, take a seat," my mom says, gesturing at the chairs as she sees us. Behind us was Felix, accompanied by Jisung.

"So... I've been hiding something from the two of you," my mother says suspiciously, looking at me and Hyunjin. We share a look of confusion before diverting our attention back to her.

"I have booked a three day honeymoon to Maldives for you both. You can save your protests, I know you guys want a break. Maybe you can even get to know each other better," she says coolly, like she didn't just drop a big bomb on us.

"How come— What about the kingdom? What about the people? We can't be gone, and we certainly cannot let anyone know that we are not here!" I exclaim. I wanted a break from my duties, but to be frank, I was afraid of getting hurt. The trip was booked with a romantic setting in mind. I've been disappointed before, but it would be a bummer to find out that the person you married isn't really interested in you.

"I'm sorry Ma, but I don't think it's right for us to do this right now," Hyunjin says softly. Him and my mother were friendly and comfortable with each other, unlike his relationship with my father. I don't like my own father, how can I expect him to?

"No but's. What I've decided is final. You don't have to worry about the kingdom, there's enough people to take care of decisions for a few days," she reassures us. "As for the flight, you are leaving in two days, so you better start packing up."

JISUNG:

We were all told about Minho's mom sending him and Hyunjin on a... forceful honeymoon and honestly? I couldn't be happier for them. I've seen them work tirelessly for the past few weeks, and I think they really deserve the break. Besides, they could always do with more bonding.

Me, Chan and some others were supposed to be a part of their security team for the trip, but we were needed for other local purposes, so there goes a Maldives trip down the drain.

However, we got a fresh set of guards come in from Hyunjin's palace (i.e., his original home), which was technically a part of the same kingdom now. We were told they were the best ones personally handpicked by his father, so hopefully there might be a few familiar faces. We were to meet them in a bit, before they were officially introduced to the royal couple.

CHAN:

Majestic. Ethereal. Beautiful. Stunning. Show-stopping. Sexy. Drop-dead gorgeous.