Chapter 3 pg.1

"Sorry Chase...but I can't." played in my head over and over.I also saw tears in his eyes why? Why do I feel bad?"You love him..." a voice said in my head.I shook my head."No blaze is my mate."I said aloud.I sighed and headed back to the lookout.Chase was only a few meters ahead of me.I could hear sobs coming from him infront of me wich made me stop.Is chase crying? "Yes you dutt and it's your fault."The voice in my head said.Chase had used one of his Paws to wipe tears from his eyes.I ran ahead of him staying in cover to hide.I looked to Chase to see tears flowing endlessly from his eyes.I walked up to him,"Chase look...I'm so-..."I was cut off by Chase,"No it's okay,Marshall.Enjoy your life with Blaze."He said with a smile.Tears still falling from his eyes.He walked on not making much conversation.I watched him walk away with guilt hanging on my heart.

.........................................................

The next morning Chase was one sided again looking depressed.He stared at his paws the whole time."Hey Marshall..."I heard a fimiliar voice.I turned to see blaze."Hey Blaze."I said and chase's ears immediately perked up."So wanna go back to where we were last night.I don't think seargant will follow us after you totally rejected him."I was about to reply,but Blaze was tackled to the floor by Chase who was growling like a beast about to kill its pray.White fangs were bearing.Everyone turned their attention to Chase

_________________

"Why is this happening to me?"I was staring down to my paws.I could hear everyone else's laughter and joy."Hey Marshall..."I heard a voice call out to Marshall.It was blaze.I beared my teeth in rage."Hey Blaze."Marshall replied with a happy tone?I perked up my ears to hear better,"So wanna go back to where we were last night.I don't think seargant will follow us after you totally rejected him."I heard Blaze said and something snapped once again.I started growling uncontrollably.Before I knew it I was running towards him with pure bloodlust in my eyes.Everything around was a shade of red,but Blaze looked like a red star to me.I tackled him to the floor.I growled at him as if he was my prey.I beared my white fangs."YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!"I yelled to him.Blaze had a look of fear across his face."YOU RUINED EVERYTHING YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!"I added.I felt everyone's attention to me,but I didn't care.I lift my paw and unseathe my claws.I wanted to strike,but I saw my paw black instead of brown.This blackness I only remember seeing when those terrorist attacked.I looked at everyone's frightened faces.Tears fell from my eyes as I vanished into black smoke appearing in my pup house.Where I cried into a pillow.My black fur returned to brown.

......................................................

It's been days since that incident.Chase just had locked himself from us afraid he might hurt us...hurt me further."Marshall...heellooo."I snapped back into reality after my mate Blaze called me."Marshall you okay...You've been staring blankly at the ocean for 30 seconds now."He asked."Y-Yeah just something's been bugging me lately."I replied."It's about him isn't it."Blaze asked sighing."Wha-No-no not all."I said."Oook." Blaze said brushing it away."I think I'm gonna head home,my owner's coming back from his trip today."I said hopping off the bench and head home.

--------------------------------------------

C'mon Marshall hurry up!"The sheppard yelled to me."Wait I'm coming Chase just hold your horses."I said back to him.Chase took me to an open field,"Okay officer why did you bring me all the way out here?"I asked jokingly."You'll see."He said and started sniffing the ground till he stopped at a certain location and digged some of the dirt away revealing a wooden trapdoor.He pulled on the handel opening the door.He jumped into the darkness."C'mon Marshall!"He said.I giddily jumped after him.A small lamp was turned on illuminating the small room."Happy birthday!"The sheppard said.It was a small room with 2 bean bags and old pictures of us.There was a small TV and a VCR with all our favorite tapes."Chase...this is...the best gift ever,thank you."I said pratically overwhelmed by emotion.He rubbed my nose with his."Anything for my brother."Chase said.

---------------------------------------------

I arrived at the lookout just in time as Ryder was greeting all his pups.I rushed to my owner and hugged him tightly.He brought me warmth and comfort after these few dramatic days,"Ryder!"I said."Marshall!."Ryder said happily.Chase had finally opened his pup house and started to cry after seeing his owner."Ryder!" he said.He tackled his owner and hugged him as tears of joy flowed from his eyes."Ryder...I really missed you."Chase said.Ryder laughed and hugged him,"Oh buddy I missed you."Ryder replied.

.............................................................

The sun had set in adventure bay and the streets went empty only the street lamps illuminating the sidewalks.I had tucked myself in bed and drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------

I awoke on the beach."How did I get here."I looked around it was dark only illuminated by the moon.I saw Chase sitting at the edge of the beach,waves washing over his fur before going back to the ocean He was doing something in the sand."Chase..."I said softly."I'm a fool aren't I.Thinking Marshall would like me."He said."No chase...I didn't mean it like that."I said.Chase stopped scratching in the sand."This is how it should be..."Chase said and walked deeper into the ocean.He's entire body sunk into the ocean."CHASE!!"I yelled and ran after him and noticed the writing saying "Let it be..."I dived into the water after him.I saw his body sinking down.He sank deeper and deeper.My lungs were screaming for oxygen at this point.My vision was fading and getting blurry.

I gasped for air awaking in my puphouse drenched in sweat.I broke down into tears,"Chase..."was all I could mutter.