Valerie tried to appear nonchalant, but inside, a whirlwind of emotions churned. "But we were with you that night Audrey" she replied casually.

Audrey tilted her head, "Who's we? I'm pretty sure it was just him who dragged me to his room that night. Plus, I'm pretty sure he left in the middle of the night... at least i think. I don't know, I was pretty drunk"

Valerie stayed quiet. Did Audrey not remember her being there at all?

Malfoy shifted his head, "What do you mean you were alone in his room?"

Maddison and Elyse exchanged a quick glance, sensing the tension building in the room.

"It wasn't like that, Draco," Audrey rushed to explain, her voice tinged with unease. "I was too drunk at the ball because of what you gave me, and Percy walked me to his room. I passed out on his floor. That's it"

Malfoy's eyes narrowed, a flicker of suspicion crossing his features. "And you expect me to believe that?" he demanded, his voice laced with accusation. "You were alone with him, Audrey. Anything could have happened. And don't you think I don't know about you guys entering class late together."

Maddison cleared her throat, her voice steady despite the tension in the room. "Let's not jump to conclusions," she interjected, her tone calm and soothing. "We don't know all the facts yet."

Malfoy glared at Maddison, his expression stern, "Shut the fuck up Maddison im not talking to you" He turned to Audrey, "What are you not telling me?"

Audrey rolled her eyes, standing up from her seat and leaving, "I'm not doing this right now"
Malfoy chased right after her, "Come back here, we're not done." Valerie watched as Audrey and Malfoy stormed out of the common room, their heated argument echoing down the corridor.

Elyse let out a low whistle, her green eyes wide with astonishment. "That was intense," she remarked, with a smirk "Do you guys think she's telling the truth?"
Maddison smiled back, "I smell some drama brewing"

Valerie felt a pang of unease as the tension lingered in the air, thick and suffocating. There was no way she was telling she was with them in the room too. Valerie looked at Elyse and Maddison's expressions, one of the main things her friends liked was spreading rumors, and Elyse knew how to spread them like a wildfire.
Maddison shrugged, "I don't think they did anything. Percy is way too scary"

Elyse rolled her eyes, her face gleaming, "But we can't know for sure"
"We shouldn't jump to conclusions about Audrey and Percy" Valerie began, her voice low and measured. "You guys should not be going around talking about things you don't know"

Suddenly, Ellie Green and Astoria Greengrass appeared by Maddison's side. "What was that about Audrey and Percy?" Ellie asked Valerie. Valerie widened their eyes at their sudden appearance, it was like they could sniff out the gossip in the air. When she didn't answer, Ellie's attention turned to Elyse.
Elyse smiled and shrugged, enjoying the attention "Audrey spent the night in Percy's room."

Elyse's words hung in the air, a spark igniting the flames of curiosity in Ellie and Astoria's eyes. They leaned in closer, their expressions clearly eager. "Audrey spent the night in Percy's room?" Ellie repeated, her voice tinged with intrigue. "Well, well, well, isn't that interesting?"

Astoria's lips curled into a smirk, her eyes glinting with mischief. "And what exactly were they doing there all night?" she suggested. The girls erupted into laughter, and Valerie sank deeper into the couch. Part of her was telling her to say something, and the other part wanted the earth to swallow her.
Ellie looked at Astoria, her eyes gleaming with trouble, "The other girls will love hearing about this" she said as she stood up and walked away, Astoria following right behind her.