3.) Yuuto

Once (Y/n) arrived home, she made her way straight through the house, taking a small right over to the kitchen, the familiar hum of the refrigerator getting louder. Opening up the fridge, she stored Keiji's stir-fry, closing the door softly. 

After she stored the food, she then went straight through the house, making a beeline towards her room, throwing her backpack off onto her desk as she plopped on her bed, phone in hand.

Hours slipped by as she mindlessly scrolled through her phone, the only interruption being the distant sound of the front door opening and closing. Ah, her mom must be home already.

(Y/n) draped her legs over the side of the bed, standing up with a stretch and leaving her room, going down the hallway and seeing her mother standing by the kitchen counter, reading some pieces of mail.

"How was work?" The (h/c) haired girl asked, joining her mom in the kitchen and leaning against the island with her elbows. Her mom nodded, lost in reading. 

"It was good." 

Silence. 

Rattling her brain with something else to bring up, (Y/n) spotted the car keys next to her on the island. "So, how do you like driving the new car?"

That seemed to garner her mother's interest. They had recently purchased a TransLux, one of the latest luxury cars on the market.

"It's fantastic. Smooth ride, great mileage," her mother replied, setting down the mail with a hint of a smile. "You know, if you had your license, I might let you take it for a spin."

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up at that prospect. Driving a TransLux car? Hell yes! Plus, the teenager already had her permit; how hard could a drivers test be?

With this newfound motivation, the (e/c) eyed girl mumbled a goodbye to her mother, going to her room and shutting the door behind her with a click. Making her way to her desk, she sat down in the chair and pulled out the notebook the boy gave her earlier. Opening the first page of the book, her eyes landed on a signature.

Yuuto.

Huh, so that must be his name. Should she feel bad for not knowing all the names of her classmates? Probably. But does she? No.

She flipped through the pages, having to strain her eyes to read his sloppy handwriting that looked like a mix of regular letters and cursive. Finally landing on the Transcription page, she pulled out her own notebook, copying the words he had written.

About 30 minutes had passed, her brows furrowed. He had transcribed a codon to be Arg, but upon further inspection, she noticed that it should've been Lys. Taking her pencil, she wrote a quick note in his notebook, correcting the mistake. In all honesty, he was probably writing too fast to even notice. 

With a yawn, she then closed the notebooks, storing them both in her backpack, now pulling out her laptop. Screen addiction? Not a thing.

~~~~

She woke up with a start, her head laid uncomfortably on her wooden desk. Shit, did I fall asleep? Standing up from her desk, she looked out the window, noting the subtle morning glow. (Y/n) pulled out her phone to see the exact time, the bright screen practically flash banging her in the process.