eleven

kahmyla melanie winters

"you don't miss her" aaliyah whispered to me. i pouted. she wasn't believing me when i said that i missed amari. "plus college starts in like two days. you only wanna go back to amari cause she's the only person you're comfortable with".

"exactly!" i agreed with aaliyah.

"ain't no exactly. she hurt you kahmyla. i don't think you should be going back to someone who hurt you simply because they are a more comfortable pick for you" aaliyah folded the clothes.

i didn't say anything back. she was right but i feel like amari changed. she seems like she changed a lot. i could be wrong though. "it's okay to miss the person you once loved" aaliyah spoke again before getting cut off.

"what yall talking about?" mani said while walking in the room. mani has been so busy with brooklyn. they are the cutest little couple ever. i love them. even if they are a copy n paste of my relationship with amari.

"nothing. where's brook?" aaliyah asked. brook was aaliyah's favorite now. she replaced mani, amari, and even me.

"you always worried about brook. how about you take notice to these two goddesses in your face?" sapphire dramatized. i laughed at her.

"shut up. where's brook?" she asked again. sapphire looked nervous like something happened. i was now wondering where brook went.

"we argued" sapphire said while hiding her face. it's like everyone is falling apart.

"yall can't do shit right! what happened now?" aaliyah asked while sucking her teeth. it felt like i was in trouble as well. what's taking amari so long in the bathroom?

"i didn't want her to post me" sapphire confessed. my eyebrow went up. i had this same situation with amari but instead amari didn't want to take pictures with me.

"and why is that?" aaliyah asked while still folding. she looked like a mother & we were all her little bad kids.

"i don't know. people get weird when you post your significant other. i don't want anyone acting out towards our relationship" sapphire sighed. i could see that she missed brook.

"did you tell brook that?" i asked.

"no i didn't" sapphire shrugged.

"see that's the problem. you could've communicated but instead you continued to argue with her. im done helping yall" aaliyah scolded us while going to her draw.

mani looked at me while holding her laugh in. i slapped her thigh. "stop!" i whispered. she slapped my thigh back.

amari finally walked in the room. "what happened?" she whispered while sitting next to me. i just stared at her and smiled.

"are you going to tell her or smile like an idiot?" mani asked. i sucked my teeth at her. "aaliyah is mad at us" mani explained.

amari nodded. she didn't even ask why aaliyah was mad. im sure she already knew. i didn't understand why aaliyah took these things so seriously but i never questioned it.

"we should go play with the kids down the street. they have this cutest dog!" i screeched.

"how do you know what their dog looks like?" mani asked.

"i helped it once"

"how?" mani asked again.

"too many questions. do you want to go or not?"

"we can't just knock on the door and ask for the dog kahmyla. are you insane?" mani questioned me once again.

"omg they're going to be outside clearly. they always are outside". i rolled my eyes while getting up. aaliyah laughed at us.

aaliyah and mani left the room while i was looking for my phone. i realized amari was still in here with me.

"you aren't going to go with them?" i asked. she continued to look at me.

"im going to wait for you. i miss you kahmyla" she sighed.

i stared at her. my eyes got a little watery because i missed her so much more. i just couldn't trust it. i don't want to try getting back serious with her and she pulls the same shit as soon as we get in college. these are my feelings we are talking about.

i didn't say anything back. i don't feel like getting emotional over a simple "i miss you". amari was waiting for a response but i couldn't give her one.

she has said i miss you to me more than she has said she was sorry. exactly why i wont entertain it. moving on to someone new didn't work so maybe i should focus on myself.

"you aren't going to say anything? i said i miss you kahmyla. you've been so weird to me" amari raised her voice.

i looked down at my fingers not saying anything. she kept yelling. i got up and tried leaving the room but she got louder and louder.

"you say you miss me but give me reasons to not go back to you" i whispered. she caught what i said and gave me a weird look.

i didn't wait for her response. i left the room. i saw mani and aaliyah waiting for us. i didn't say anything. i guess they didn't hear amari and i wanted it to stay that way.

they saw me and ran to the door. they ran out the house trying to get to the kids house to play with the dog.

it's funny because when i told them. they didn't even care for it.

-

"you're like a stalker" the little boy said to me while riding his bike. i sucked my teeth at him. he has so much attitude.

"boy please. if i didn't save that dog he wouldn't be here today. remember that!" i said while joking with him. he rolled his eyes and sped off with his training wheels.

amari was here but not saying much to anyone. i don't get why she's acting stuck up. i didn't yell at her. i really didn't do much to her.

aaliyah and mani were to busy trying to learn this dance with the little girls to notice amaris mean mug.

i was staring at her and she stared at me back. i saw her about to crack a smile. i quickly looked away before she did.

i don't need her thinking we are on good terms because we aren't.

_________________________________

my hair is done so why not update

oh & go read my therapist 🤬 update is coming today