ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ

You two trudged through the forest with nervousness as it has been known to surprise you both. You were very disgruntled by the fact that you both had to take this route, but chose to deal with it to make yours and Westley's lives easier. It was quiet between you two for quite awhile. All you could hear were birds chirping in the distance and the sound of leaves crunching underneath your feet.

"Soon this will all be but a happy memory." Westley said as an attempt to comfort you, and maybe himself. "Because Robert's ship, Revenge, is anchored at the far end, and I, as you know, am Roberts." He said as he used his sword to cut all the branches in your way. "But how is that possible? He has been marauding for 20 years and you only left 5 years ago?" You asked in pure confusion. "I myself am quite surprised at life's little quirks-" Westley said as he got interrupted by another large burst of flame waiting to happen.

He quickly moved you out of the way while also making sure that he was safe. You watched him calmly put you off to the side, completely unbothered. He seemed so calm and courageous all the time, and it made you feel the same feeling you felt when you and him were together before. Love

"See, what I told you before about saying "please" was true. It intrigued Roberts, as did my description of your beauty. Finally Roberts decided something. He said "Alright, Westley. I've never had a valet. You can try it for tonight. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." Three years he said that. "Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." He explained as he grabbed your hand and led you across the woods.

"It was a fine time for me. I was learning to fence, to fight, anything anyone would teach me. And Roberts and I eventually became friends. And then it happened." Westley said as he paused and his face turned into a look of discomfort. You wanted to know what was next but also didn't want to seem rude. "You don't have to tell me what happened next if you don't want to." You said with a kind smile. Westley looked at you in admiration as he took both of your hands and held them. "No, it's okay, my love. Although you say you don't mind, I can tell you want to hear what happens next. Your eyes show much emotion. " He said.

You looked at him with a smile as you both quietly laughed. You reached up and kissed his cheek and watched as he turned as red as the fire that kept popping up out of nowhere. He calmed down and put a serious face on as he prepared to tell you the rest of his story. "Roberts had grown so rich that he wanted to retire, so he took me to his cabin and he told me a secret. He said before lifting you up. "I am not the Dread Pirate Roberts ," he said. "My name is Ryan. I inherited the ship from the previous Dread Pirate Roberts, Just as you will inherit it from me." 

Still holding you bridal style, he walked over a log that worked as a bridge, he was careful not to drop you or trip over his own feet. "The man I inherited from was not the real Dread Pirate Roberts either, his name was Cummerbund . The real Dread Pirare Roberts has been retired for 15 years, and living like a king in Patagonia." He said while getting off the log bridge, still carrying you. You pushed a small branch aside while in his arms to make way for you two. "Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear." He said.

"You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley." He said as he put you down. "So, we sailed ashore, took on an entirely new crew, and he stayed aboard for a while, as first mate, all the time calling me Roberts." Westley said with a tone of pride. "Once the crew believed, he left the ship, and I have been Dread Pirate Roberts ever since." He said while looking into your bright e/c eyes. 

"Except now that we are together, I shall retire and hand the name to someone else. Is everything clear to you now?" He asked while you nodded your head in response. You took a small step forward and fell through a pile of sand . You screamed in terror as you were falling to your death. 

Westley looked around in surprise, trying to take in what happened so suddenly. He quickly grabbed a vine around him and held onto it as he plundged down the hole, looking for you. Although this might not have been the smartest thing to do, it was the only thing that Westley could think of in the short span of time that he had. 

You were still falling underground and was beginning to lose hope as there seemed to not be an end to the hole you unfortunately fell through. 

Westley was panicking too. He had no idea where you were or if he would ever find you in this mess. 

You had closed your eyes, preparing for impact to the ground. You felt arms wrap around your stomach and pull you up. Once you had felt that you stopped falling, you slightly opened your eyes, only to see Westley pulling you both back up to the surface. He didn't look down at you as he was focused on saving you both.

Finally, Westley grabbed hold of a branch on the land and used all of his strength to pull you both up. You both gasped for air as you had been deprived of it for too long. You grabbed onto Westley who immediately lifted himself up to the ground and pulled you up shortly after. You immediately hugged Westley who brought you up to his chest and tightly hugged you. You were both covered in sand.

All of a sudden you heard snarling and growling coming from the trees above. You saw a rather large rat looking down at you both while hissing. "We'll never succeed." You said after seeing the pack of rats that were watching you. "We may as well die here." You said, completely losing hope. Westley let go of the hug and faced you. "No, no, we have already succeeded." He said while helping you up. Unfortunately Westley didn't see the rats. 

"I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt. No problem. There's a popping sound preceding each, we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, but you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future, we can avoid that too." Westley said while trying to reassure you that you both will make it out alive.

"Westley, what about the ROUS?" You asked. "Rodents of Unusual Size?" He paused. "I don't think they exist." He declared before he got tackled by what one would call a rodent of unusual size. struggled against the rat's grip on him as you just stood there in surprise of what happened. You contemplated on whether or not you should go for it and save him or let him handle it, and you chose the right decision. 

Just as the rat was about to bite down on Westley's arm, you hit the rat with a big stick that you found repeatedly. The rat jumped off of Westley and then tried to launch itself at you. Westley quuckly got up and punched the rat before it could do that and tackled it down. Westley fought for a while and although you saved his arm from being bitten, he still got his shoulder bitten. He screamed in pain as you began to hear the popping sound which signaled the burst of fire. 

"Westley! The fire!" You screamed at him as he then realized what you were talking about. He rolled the rat over to the fire and watched as it burned. The beast still got up again and was slowly coming toward Westley who took out his sword and stabbed it, ending its life. 

You looked at each other before venturing through the forest once again, now knowing fully what to expect.

----------------------------------------------

I feel like this is bad 😭

im not very good at this kind of thing, but i am trying!

I also got 2 out of 3 of the tests I was worried and stressing about done and now I have more time to write 🙂