ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

"Five years later, the main square of Florin City was filled as never before to hear the announcement of the great Prince Humperdinck's bride to-be." The grandfather said.

"My people, a month from now, our country will have it's 500th anniversary. On that sundown, I shall marry a lady who was once a commoner like yourselves. But perhaps, you will not find her common now." He paused for a second. "Would you like to meet her?" Everyone shouted, "YES!" "My people, the Princess Y/N!" 

Music started playing in the background as everyone turned to see you, standing at the back of one of the archways. You started walking toward the center of the crowd, in a gorgeous white and gold dress. Everyone started bowing as you walked near them. 

You looked around in surprise. "Y/N's emptiness consumed her. Although the law of the land gave Humperdinck the right to choose his bride. She did not love him." The grandfather said. 

Once the announcement was over, you changed your outfit to a comfortable F/C dress. The dress you were originally wearing was suffocating you. You got your horse and rode away. "Despite Humperdinck's reassurance that she would grow to love him, the only joy she found was in her daily ride." 

You rode your horse until you ended up in a forest. You saw three men infront of you. One was very short, while another was very tall. The other was carrying a sword around with him. You stopped your horse from moving any further. 

"A word, my lady?" The short one asked. "We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?" He asked. You looked at them in suspicion, but answered. "There is nothing nearby, not for miles." The tall one walked up to you as one said, "Then there will be no one to hear you scream." The large one grabbed your neck and you fell into unconciousness.

--------------------------------------------------

You stirred slightly and opened your eyes a little. You looked at your surroundings, only to see that you were on a ship with the men who kidnapped you and was also tied up. You resisted the urge to scream and instead calmed down. 

"Oh hey look! The princess has awoken." The one with long hair said. You glared at him. "Don't look at me like that, I wasn't the one who knocked you into unconciousness." He said while putting up his hands in defense. "Yet you did nothing to stop it." You said while turning your head away from him in annoyance.

He sighed and walked closer to you. "My name is Inigo Montoya." He held out his hand for you to shake. You looked at him in disbelief. "Sorry, I forgot you were tied up." You were appalled by this interaction . You hadn't been kidnapped before, but you assumed this wasn't how it normally went.

"INIGO! What are you doing?!" You both flinched at the loud noise and turned to see the short one, looking at Inigo angrily. "Don't be friendly with the prisoner!" He shouted. "I was just introducing myself ." Inigo tried to reason. "You don't do that with prisoners, idiot!" The banter lasted for a while until they finally gave up and settled down.

--------------------------------------------------

It was now night time and everyone was silent. "We'll reach the cliffs by dawn." Vizzini said. You learned his name in the argument that had happened a bit ago. "Why are you doing that?" Vizzini asked Inigo who was at the front of the ship. "Are you sure nobody's following us?" He asked.

"That would be inconcievable." He replied. "Despite what you think, you will get caught, and when you are, the prince will see you all hanged." You said out of the blue. You had just about enough of these people . "Of all the necks on this boat, your highness, the one you should be worrying about is your own." Vizzini responded. 

You looked to the side in annoyance. "Stop doing that." Vizzini said to Inigo once again. "We can all relax it's almost over." He said. "You're sure nobody's following us?" Inigo said in paranoia. " As I told you it would be absolutely inconcievable. No one in Florin could have gotten here so fast." He said with no concern evident in his voice. 

Seeing that everyone was distracted at the moment you started to untie the ropes wrapped around your hands. You saw a ship where Inigo was looking and got the idea to swim to the ship, in hopes that they may help you. It might not have been the smartest idea, but you were really desperate.

"Out of curiousity, why do you ask?" He asked. "No reason. Suddenly I happen to look behind us and something is there." He said. "What?!" Everyone went to look where Inigo was looking, only to see a ship in the distance. "Probably some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night through eel infested waters." Vizzini said.  

Suddenly they hear a splash in the water and turn all their attention towards it. They see you swimming in the water. "What? Go in! Get after her!" Vizzini demanded. "I don't swim." Inigo said. Vizzini looked towards Fezzik. "I only dog paddle." Fezzik said as he mimicked the action. Vizzini let out an aggravated groan and ordered Inigo to steer the ship towards your direction.

You were swimming as fast as you could, but you felt something weigh you down. You stopped swimming for a second to identify what seemed to be chasing you. 

"Do you know what sound that is, your highness? Those are the shrieking eels." Vizzini said with a smug look on his face. "If you don't believe me, just wait. They always grow louder when they're about to feed on human flesh!" Now you knew exactly what was chasing you...A bunch of eels. You looked around in horror as they started to show themselves. 

"If you swim back now, I promise no harm will come to you. I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels." Vizzini said. Of course you didn't believe him, but it was better to be away from the flesh eating eels. You were pulled out of your thoughts when an eel came right for you.

You were bracing yourself for the impact but it never came. You saw Fezzik knock out the eel. He grabbed you by the back of your dress and put you down. "Put her down, just put her down!" Vizzini yelled. 

"I think the ship is getting closer." Inigo said. "They're no concern of ours. Sail on." 

"I suppose you think you're brave, don't you?" He said to you who was shivering from just being in the cold water. 

"Only compared to some." 

---------------------------------------------------