Chapter 1. | So much to do.

"Go to hell Finnley!" Harper screams at him at the top of her lungs. She flips him off before walking away, crying a bit. She looked down at her scratched arms, bleeding a lot after Finnley swung a branch at her. Sure, she made fun of his grandmother's death, but it was justified, because he's a massive dick.

Harper wakes up at the sound of her alarm. 5:30 AM, just as every other day. She groans at the thought of waking up. It was a Friday. She just was too tired to give a living shit about school. She takes a shower, and she does her hair after she finishes. Harper gets changed for the day, and she heads down to the kitchen, grabbing a banana for breakfast. She realized the time, 7:03. She would be late for her bus! She swings on her backpack, and dashes out of the door, for the bus stop.

"Oh, hey Harper!" Amy says, waving at her. Amy and Harper have been friends since the 4th Grade. She's sorta a mentor to Harper, and like a therapist, helping her with all the shit she's going through. "Heyy!" Harper says, giving Amy a small hug, a friendly gesture. "How are you?" Harper asks. The bus comes up, and they get on it. They chat a bit, on the way to school.

"You ready for the dance next week?" Amy asks. Harper is confused, before remembering. "That's next week?" She'd ask, surprised. "Who should I go with? What should I wear?" Harper begins to panic, completely forgetting, She realized almost everyone had plans, except her. 

"Harper, calm down. It will be alright. Maybe you'll meet someone there." Amy says, reassuringly.  "You think so?" Harper asks calming down.

"I bet you will, you're amazing." Amy says. "Any guy would be lucky to have a dance with you. I'm sure of it."