PART 4: Unforeseen Mishaps and Family Dynamics

As the evening wears on, conversations drift towards business and politics, leaving me feeling increasingly isolated amidst the chatter. Rudraksh and my father engage in discussions, with Reyansh occasionally interjecting, while the others attempt to draw me into conversation to no avail.

Growing restless, I excuse myself under the pretense of needing the washroom, earning quizzical glances from those around the table. With a sarcastic smile, I assure them that I have no intention of making a hasty escape.

Emerging from the washroom, I find Reyansh waiting, his concern evident in his expression. Irritated, I brush off his inquiries, but he persists, noting my silence throughout the evening. Before I can formulate a response, Suryansh interrupts, signaling our prolonged stay.

Returning to the table, I fail to notice the spilled water before me, resulting in a painful tumble. My brothers rush to my aid, their voices mingling in a cacophony of concern. Rudraksh asserts control, demanding an explanation from Reyansh.

Feeling a surge of pain as Adhiraj examines my foot, I instinctively grasp the hand of the nearest person—Suryansh—apologizing for my impulsive action. His gentle response brings a fleeting sense of comfort amidst the chaos.

Rudraksh suggests that I stay at the hotel for rest and observation, a proposition met with vehement protest from me. Attempting to stand, I recoil in agony, prompting Reyansh's swift intervention and Abhir's harsh rebuke.

Ultimately, it is decided that I remain at the hotel, separated from my parents, who opt to return home.

 As my parents reluctantly bid their farewells, I feel a pang of abandonment claw at my chest. "You can't leave me here," I protest, the tremor in my voice betraying my fear and frustration.

My mother's gaze softens with sympathy, but my father's stern expression brooks no argument. "You need rest, Adhvika. We'll come back first thing in the morning," he assures me, though his words offer little comfort.

Defeated, I slump back into the sofa, watching helplessly as they disappear into the night. Reyansh's presence beside me offers a sliver of solace, his steady gaze a silent reassurance amidst the turmoil raging within me.

Abhir's voice breaks through the silence, his frustration palpable as he directs his anger towards the manager. "This is unacceptable! How could you allow such negligence?" he demands, his tone sharp and unforgiving.

The manager, flustered and apologetic, stammers out an explanation, promising to rectify the situation immediately. But his words do little to assuage Abhir's anger, his tirade only intensifying as he vents his frustration.

Suryansh, ever the peacemaker, attempts to diffuse the tension with a calming gesture. "Let's focus on getting Adhvika comfortable," he suggests, his voice a soothing counterpoint to the rising tempers around us.

With Adhiraj's assistance, I am carefully ushered to a nearby couch, my injured foot elevated and cushioned with pillows. His gentle touch sends a wave of relief coursing through me, though the pain remains a persistent reminder of my recklessness.

Reyansh, sensing my distress, offers a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Adhvika. We'll take care of everything," he assures me, his words a balm to my frazzled nerves.

But despite their efforts to console me, I can't shake the sense of unease gnawing at my insides. Alone in a strange hotel room, separated from my parents and thrust into the midst of a family I barely know, I can't help but feel like a pawn in a game I never wanted to play.