Chapter 5: Ohara

With the other Straw Hats.

"What are you talking about?" said some of the Straw Hats at the same time, wondering what the hell he meant by "this island is of the past."

"Once in the past, this futuristic city existed?" Franky said, looking at Shaka as they were still glued to the ground. Shaka, who had his back turned towards the Straw Hats, said, "It's just a theory..."

"In the world of archaeologists, there was once a man who risked his life to find out about that kingdom," he said, looking up towards the ceiling.

"Then he found a 'machine' in a certain place that had a manufacture date which matched the theory he had in mind."

"Was the machine produced during the Void Century?"

Silence followed...

"How do you know about that?" Shaka asked Robin, confused about how she, of all people, could have known about that machine.

Nami turned her head towards Robin.

"Robin, do you know something about that?" she said as Franky and Usopp also turned their heads towards Robin.

"All I remember about it is that it was a painful story," Shaka said, turning his head towards the crew.

"Twenty-two years ago, your birthplace, Ohara, was destroyed with a Buster Call from the Navy," he said, lifting his head up.

"I think the reason it got destroyed was because Ohara knew about the existence of that kingdom."

"During the Void Century, there was once a highly advanced civilization that existed. The history about the battle was between a certain kingdom and twenty kingdoms."

"The winners were the twenty kingdoms, and they founded the world government that the world knows today. To make sure that nobody carried the kingdom's ideology, they erased its existence from history."

Hearing this, the crew became shocked.

"Eh? What's with that story?"

"Huh?! Is that true?"

"Wow! What a massive romance story!"

Sanji, who was skeptical of this, said "Wait a minute, Vegapunk!..."

"Then those people who knew about it... They..."

Shaka cut in and said, "Yes, they've been obliterated."

"WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT SO EASILY" Nami said annoyed as she turned to look at Usopp and saw him screaming and hitting his head toward the ground.

"AH! I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING. Forget about it! I haven't known or heard anything either."

"Keep in mind I said it's only a theory," Shaka said as if it would save the situation.

"However, Nico Robin, if Ohara was erased because of this theory, that means the government had acknowledged that the theory is indeed the truth, right?"

Robin, annoyed at this, gave him a glare.

"Who do you think you are, talking about us like that?"

"The researchers in Ohara made a theory from researching various important documents."

"Do you think the government will hear it out from a powerful person like you?"

Shaka, understanding her viewpoint in this situation, understood that she misunderstood his intentions. "No, I'm similar to you too. Even if I work with the government..."