Chapter 31: Society

Start from the beginning

Maybe because I'm drunk or maybe because I'm tired or who knows what, but now I'm moved.

Knowing his point of view completely changes my thoughts.

I just stare at the text, re-reading it a lot of times. Minho never fails to surprise and impress me.

This also kind of explains why that morning Minho muttered "Hyunjin-ah I'm sorry".

Now, his actions make a lot more sense. But I don't know if they are justified.

With trembling fingers, I reply with just a <Goodnight>.

I'm just speechless. I guess that it's confirmed that I like him.
I don't know how it happened. It just did.

But I just want to be more sure about it.
That's better for the both of us.

Breaking up with Hyunjin was already painful, I don't want to feel even worse.

I then place the phone on the night table and I fall asleep.

//time skip to Monday//
(Eunbi started school on Tuesday and the party was on Friday)

The weekend passed normally. I did my homework and did some art.
I texted with Yeji and Felix and did some group calls with Bangchan too.

But I haven't received any messages from Minho.
He told me to not speak with him until I've made up my mind. And I guess I agree with him but I can't help but kind of miss him.

Saturday morning, I woke up with a huge headache and I had to rest until the afternoon. I didn't know hangovers would be so devastating.

I hope the others were alright.

Now it's Monday morning and I'm walking to school.

In the first hours I have to attend P.E. class. I'm actually excited because I like that subject.

Once I arrive in front of the school, I met with Felix and Yeji. We greet and we head inside.

Instead of going inside of a classroom, we lead to the changing rooms. We have to change into the gym clothes.

Me and Yeji enter the girls changing room and Felix goes to the boys one.

But I feel my heart drop when in the changing room I see both Lisa and Mina. They still didn't notice me so I lower my head and I walk past them.

Unfortunately, they recognise me and scoff.

Yeji probably understood the situation, so she grabs my wrist and leads me to our lockers, getting away from them.

Even if I'm embarassed, I have to change the uniform. So I slolwy start to unbutton my shirt and I quickly put on the gym hoodie. I do the same with the skirt and the sweatpants.

After I was done and the changing room was almost empty, I hear their annoying voices.

<I see you've finally lost weight over the years. But seeing you like this, I understand that the problem wasn't your body, but your face.> Mina states, chuckling with Lisa.

They dare to say it in front of Yeji, they have not learned from the suspension.

<Yah, speak for yourself and don't bother us.> Yeji says, quickly taking my defences. That's so cute for her to do but I need to be able to defend myself.

I look at Yeji with a weak smile.

<I'll take care of this> I whisper to her and she slightly nods.

I then switch my attention to Mina and Lisa. They are glaring at us from head to toe.

So irritating.

<Listen, I don't know why you have nothing better to do than pick on me for years. Wouldn't it be easier for you to stop and behave like civilized people? What do you gain by targeting people who have done nothing wrong? Maybe your huge ego doesn't let you see how much you are despised by the people here.
Or maybe you do this because it's the only way to feel superior to someone. I believe you have the ability to be noticed in a positive way too. Don't you think about how simple your life would be if you tried to make friends and stopped acting like bullies? What's so funny about ruining other people's lives?
Adolescence is a very delicate period for a person, everything that happens in that period of time will influence his life definitively. It's a serious matter. But this is not only for the victim, the bullies will also find themselves forever faced with that image of them. And you will regret it unless you are a psychopaths. Since it doesn't look like the case, I tell you that you still have time to change your future.
This probably doesn't mean that everyone will forgive you but at least you demonstrate that you have a minimum of maturity and awareness.> I say, with a serious and calm voice. I finally let out everything I wanted to tell them for years.

They are looking at me with eyes widened, like if I just said that I saw aliens.

Yeji is smiling and she softly holds my hand in a supportive way.

<Uh... whatever. I'm not going to listen to a loser like you.> Mina then says, with a weird grimace.

Lisa agrees nodding. <Expecially if the one speaking is a hoe> she adds.

I feel Yeji's hand immediately tightening around mine.

My eye also twitches. I tried to be rational and contained. They are really testing my patience.

<And why would you call me like that?> I slolwy ask, faking a smile.

<You fooled Hyunjin and then you broke his heart. And you even have the courage to ask us why> Mina says shrugging.

What.

How.

I turn pale, wordless.

<What do you mean?> Yeji asks, raising an eyebrow. Her hand is not leaving mine.

<Girl, rumors spread like viruses.> Lisa shrugs.

<Yes but that's not true> I say and they laugh like witches.

<True or not, it doesn't matter. Someone hear Hyunjin crying out loud Froday night about your break up. People enjoy to make things worse to make them more entertaining. Nobody cates if it's true or not as long as they have something to gossip about. You should wake up and see the reality of society. I shouldn't be the one to tell you.> Mina says with an acid tone.

I just stay silent, not knowing what to say.

I hate that she is right. That's the society and I can't do anything about it.

<You took too long, you're not worth it> Lisa then says and they both walk away leaving me and Yeji alone in the changing room.

Yeji sighs and then hugs me.
I also take a deep breath and I hug her back.

Without saying anything, we head to the school gym. It's huge and usually more than one class uses it.

As we enter, I notice that the other class it's Hyunjin's and consequently also Minho's.

I try to spot him with my eyes. I miss him. It hurts to admit but it's true.

A smile instinctively pops on my face when I see him playing basketball with his classmates.

He looks so good with his gym clothes and with a headband on.

I end up staring at him from the side of the basketball court. My lesson hasn't started yet because the teacher is late.

A loud whistle stops the match and everyone heads towards the benches, mostly to drink.

Minho walks towards me and the moment we make eye contact, I panick and I wave at him, smiling awkwardly.

But my heart sank when he just ignores me, walking past me to get his water bottle.

>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<
Author's note

Here there is a new chapter. Sorry for making y'all wait. I hope you enjoyed this.

I plan to end this story with 40 chapters. I'm kind of bonded with this book being my first ff.

I'll miss for sure writing this :')

Also the next ff is going to be about Bangchan :)

I'll start it once I finish DTMH.

As always, leave a star, a comment and follow me :))

Also thank you for 1.3k reads!!

it means a lot to me.

See youu

auroraflavoured

Don't Touch My Heart [LeeKnow]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara