Chapter 25: Gone

|<So... I heard that Seojin is going to be at the party, too>|

 I heard that Seojin is going to be at the party, too>|

Saying that, Minho had a slight evil smirk on his face.
Hyunjin immediately lifts his head from my shoulder and I tense up too.

What does Minho mean?

Hyunjin is motionless and the car is silent. Yeji glares at Minho and he just shrugs his shoulders.

I look at Hyunjin but he had his eyes locked in the rearview mirror. Why is he reacting like this? I feel my stomach twisting.

I don't have a good feel about this.

<Hyunjin?> I nervously say his name, trying to catch his attention.

But his gaze is empty and blank.

<Hyunjin!> Yeji then shouts his name and he flinches. He looks at Yeji then at me.

I didn't notice it but my eyes started to get watery. His reaction triggered me a lot.

Maybe Minho was right? I don't know anymore.

<Oh... well... how do you know?> Hyunjin then asks, trying to act unfazed.

<Jeongin told me that she is the cousin of a friend of his. But the party is going to be huge so the chance of meeting her are minimums> Minho explains, nonchalantly.

I try to observe Hyunjin reaction again. He hardly gulps and just nods, looking down.

Why? Just why. He told me that I was the only one for him right now. But why does it look like his mouth spoke for his brain and not his heart?

Hyunjin turns his head to me and just holds my hand. The car drive turned silent again.

I turn my head towards the window to hide my hurt expression.
I contain my tears because I don't want to ruin my make up.

And there is also the probability that I'm just paranoid. He was just surprised by hearing that.
I think I would be like that too.

After some minutes, Minho parks in from of a sidewalk. This house is also wholesome.

How comes they are all wealthy?

We get off the SUV and we walk towards the door of the villa.

<Jeongin-ah! Open the door!> Changbin shouts and I had to cover my ear if I wanted to keep my earing healthy.

<Why are you yelling? There is a intercome you know> Seungmin says, pointing at the intercome.

<Because I felt like doing it. In this way he'll immediately know that it's us.> Changbin explains.

<But it's obvious that it's us. The party starts in a hour. Who would come this early> Seungmin answers crossing his arms and Changbin just rolls his eyes.