VII. Red Night

Depuis le début

"I'm not a charity case, Liz." I answered and rolled over so I face her.

"Come on, Becks. You're 18. Who stays single at the age of 18?" She asked.

"Uhh, me?" I answered.

"That's the point. Only you. So I guess we have to change that. You know, get in the zone."

"Get in the zone? You mean, I just have to go with how this generation works it for relationship? That's rubbish, Liz. If I'm going to engage into an intimate relationship, at least I'll pick a good one. And not just a good one, it'll be proper and... nice." I said.

"You're defining Andrew Cauffield, sister." She said with a sly grin.

"Since when did sneaking oneself inside a girl's room become proper and nice, Liz? Please, just get over it. I don't do dating. It's going to be at the bedrock of my list."

"So let's get on with your list so we'll reach the bedrock soon." She answered.

"Liz!" I said with a warning tone.

"Okay, okay. I'll forfeit the mission for now." She said while hands up. "Now back to the subject at hand, I guess I'll just lend you my clothes." She said. "Or maybe we should go shopping." She added.

Shopping. Wasting money. Nah-ah. There's far more important things to do with money than buy clubbing clothes.

"Lend me." I answered.

"One sec." She rushed towards the adjoining door and after a few minutes she went back with a few hangers of clothes in her hands.

"Should you wear this?" Aliza said while holding a hanger of plum-coloured dress.

"I'll try them on later. I'll head downstairs. My stomach's rumbling, I only had hot choco for breakfast." I said and headed out the door without waiting for Aliza's reply.

I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. No one was there so I guess it's my chance to drown myself with food without anyone watching.

I took slices of bread and nutella. I took a piece of banana and sliced them. I spread some nutella on the bread and placed a few slices of banana on top of it and laced it again with nutella. Hmm, comfort food.

"This is heaven." I said to myself after I took a bite from my masterpiece.

"That's not heaven. Heaven is when a girl strips naked in from of guy. That's—"

"Oh, God. Stop! I think I'm going to throw up." I said while faking gag. It's Kyle.

"Got you pregnant with green thoughts? That's new." He said and took a can of OJ from the fridge.

"What is wrong with you? Like, really? You shut me up last night and now you're talking to me. You're unpredictable." I said in complete irritation.

"That's good. I'm unpredictable which means you can't read through me. Unlike you, you're pretty much the open-book one. That makes you weak." He said casually.

"What did you just say to me?" I said infuriately.

"I said a lot."

"I'm weak."

"Oh that, what about it?"

"I'm not weak, dumbass."

"Oh, feisty. Yet all talk." He said after shooting the can on the waste bin again without missing.