You ...? Seungcheol's voice was soft, his eyes wide with a mixture of surprise and wonder hearing what the Omega said.

Jeonghan nodded, his smile mischievous. Don't tell me you forgot that you've got two critics to impress now.

The Alpha's expression softened into one of pure awe. "Two critics," he repeated. "I'll have to work extra hard then."

Seeing the way you are, I'm sure you'll manage just fine.

I hope so.

As the aroma of the meal filled the kitchen, Jeonghan's stomach rumbled audibly. "Sounds like someone's ready to dig in," the Alpha immediately came out of his trance.

Jeonghan chuckled, nodding eagerly.

Seungcheol turned off the stove and brought the finished dish to the table. Jeonghan, Let's eat! I hope it meets both of your expectations.

I have no doubt about it.

Jeonghan?! Umm.... Do you think.., the Alpha spoke in between his bites, Are you free today?

We can go to the doctor, you know. It's been 3 weeks (of you staying here) and... I don't know when you have the last check up.

The suggestion seemed to catch him off guard, but the Omega quickly nodded in agreement. Sure, that sounds like a good idea, he replied. I don't remember the last time either, so it's probably a good time for a check-up.

Seungcheol's shoulders visibly relaxed at Jeonghan's response, a feeling of relief passing over him. I'll make an appointment then. We'll make sure that everything goes smoothly.

Sure.

**

The pair was finally at the hospital. Though the taxi ride was smooth but when it came to giving the fair, the situation wasn't. The Omega fought with the Alpha that he will give the bill while the Alpha was adamant to pay it himself. But finally Seungcheol had to give in when the Omega told him to let him pay the taxi bills, cause Cheol would be filling up Jeonghan's checkup bills anyway cause he doesn't have this much money anyway and the money that he had was now spent in all the food order and munching he did.

The doctor performed the ultrasound, and the pair both glued their eyes at the screen with restrained breath. There, on the monitor, was the baby—a tiny, barely discernible form.

The doctor pointed out different features, explaining what they were seeing. Jeonghan's hand instinctively moved to his stomach. The Omega's eyes widened as he took in the image. "It's so small," he murmured.

The Alpha nodded, his gaze fixed on the screen as his mouth was hung open in bewilderment. "Yeah, it's so small" he replied softly, a wide smile tugging at his lips and eyes looked as if they were barely holding on to the tears.

But it's there, he instinctively placed his hand on his mouth, My baby..., it's my baby.

Jeonghan observed Seungcheol's reaction with a mix of confusion and curiosity. The sight of the Alpha hand on his mouth in surprise and happiness, his eyes fixed on the ultrasound screen, stirred a swirl of something inexplicable within Jeonghan

Thank you so much, Jeonghan, Seungcheol immediately moved towards the Omega placing his hands in his, his voice laced with a depth of emotion that Jeonghan couldn't quite comprehend.

Jeonghan's brow furrowed slightly. He understood that the child was biologically Seungcheol's, yet the intensity of Seungcheol's reaction puzzled him. Why was Seungcheol so elated about having a child with someone he didn't love? And why was Jeonghan's heart feeling a strange warmth watching Seungcheol's happiness unfold?

He had become accustomed to the routines, the different tokens of care from Seungcheol, yet this moment made him feel a different sort of emotion that Jeonghan hadn't anticipated. Their intertwined situation, filled with complexities and uncertainties, now seemed to take on a new and different dimension.

Jeonghan's heart stirred, seeing this unexpected joy emanating from Seungcheol."I don't understand," he murmured softly, more to himself than to anyone else in the room.

What?, The Alpha asked hearing his murmur.

Umm... Nothing, The Omega spoke as his gaze shifted at his hand which was in the Alpha's grasp.

Sorry, I didn't mean to, Cheol immediately retracted his hand.

Jeonghan didn't say anything, his gaze fixed on Seungcheol as he observed his actions.

**

The car ride back home was filled with a unusual mix of silence and contemplation. The Alpha, engrossed in the ultrasound photos of their unborn child, periodically glanced over at the images with a smile that seemed to radiate so much warmth and wonder. Meanwhile, Jeonghan's gaze was fixed on Seungcheol, struggling to comprehend the smile on the Alpha's face.

**

Don't forget to stream "17 is right here"