"You might not know it, but you're brave. You might not feel it, but you're strong. I know it. And I know that you can help us." Then she spoke the words that would stay with me forever.

"Nolan, let me show you just how strong you really are."

I snap back to attention as I hear the click of shoes down the hallway. Rap. It must be, coming back after he cleared the meeting. I pause a moment with my eyes still closed, breathing in the memory one last time before I push away from the wall and straighten up.

As expected, he comes up behind me. "Agent Hood?" he says, sizing me up with worried eyes. He has a suitcase under his left arm, and his hair is disheveled. For a moment, I allow myself to feel a little sorry for him. That's before his next words. "You look terrible."

Like I don't know. Normally, I might've come up with a clever reply to that, but I don't even think about it. Without waiting for him to offer me inside, I push open the door to his office and hold it for him.

"Commander," I mutter, as soon as the door closes. I look up at the ceiling. Good, no cameras. Commander Pyle must've ordered this to be a private room when they made the office. Wouldn't want anyone listening in. The label I have given Rap as commander doesn't come out like I had intended, venomous and grueling as it rolls off my tongue. I square my shoulders and try to act polite instead. "Commander," I repeat, kinder. "I have something you're gonna want to hear."

All in all, it takes me six minutes to correctly explain the moment I found the computer chip (exactly 14 hours ago), to watching the words pop up on the monitor. I know I've done a poor job explaining by the end (because he has to ask several questions throughout) but my urgency must come across loud and clear because Rap has suddenly become very alert. He holds out his palm to me. "Let me inspect it," he says. I give it to him.

After examining it thoroughly, he inserts the chip into one of his computer ports and analyzes the message on the screen several times before turning back to me. "You're sure this came out of the man's cloak?"

I nod. "Certain of it."

"Well it could mean a number of things..." he stumbles, unsure. I can tell he doesn't know what to think of the peculiar message so I explain it for him. After all I've had a lot of time to think.

"They're targeting Division 9 next," I say. "There's a tough security mechanism on that chip, but I think I can get into the database with some help."

Rap doesn't reply. He turns back to the computer monitor and reads the message again and again. When he doesn't say anything for awhile, I bite my lip.

"Commander, with all due respect," I mutter, frustrated. I smooth my voice. "I'd like to ask permission to personally attempt to locate The King's Headquarters."

This catches Rap's attention. His eyes dart to mine again and I know he is examining me, confirming that (compared to all of the other Agents here) I am nothing but a teenager who can barely beat a girl the size of a twelve year old. And just to add to that, my eyes are drooping and I'm having to lean against the desk chair to keep myself upright. This definitely was not the perfect time to ask him.

Even so, I can see him at least considering my offer. For what seems to drag on forever, all he does is stare at me, searching my face for something. Then, at last, he laces his fingers together and steps away from his desk. His voice starts as a whisper. "Revenge is...powerful Agent Hood," he remarks, softly. "You are full of it. I can see it in your eyes. You still have a lot of grieving to do before you can cope with Pyle's death, and your anger will only grow." I can see real sympathy in his eyes. "I think you need to take a step back. Let the more experienced agents handle this."