3. The Masked Revs

When the three new recruits were introduced, Koala noticed how the commanders and those who had worked longer in the Revolutionary Army seemed to take interest in them, especially the teenager in the straw hat.

Koala didn't care too much about them at first, not until she saw how the three were eating. They were so lacking in manners and ate like jungle kids, yet somehow because of them, the Mess Hall became so lively.

Koala thought that was all until the universe proved her wrong once again as she was surprised by how strong they were. The revolutionaries were training, and the three joined them for the first time.

Koala knew they were strong from the first time she saw them, but this was beyond her expectations.

Ace and Sabo were strong; they fought like veterans, and their moves were so smooth for a fifteen-year-old. Their Haki was something else; they mastered Observation and Armament Haki like they had been training using it for years.

They couldn't defeat the Commanders like Kuma and Ivankov in the fight, but they managed to take down dozens of stronger Revs with ease. Koala felt a spark of admiration when they continued to train and listen to every word the commanders were saying.

Luffy was on another level. Koala wouldn't believe it if she didn't see it with her own eyes. He not only mastered the three types of Haki but also mastered the advanced forms of them. What freaked out Koala the most was that Luffy was only twelve.

He's literally still a kid!

Unlike his older brothers, Luffy almost managed to defeat Kuma and Ivankov in the fight. Koala knew she underestimated the youngest. He looked weak, but he was actually so damn powerful.

Koala had a lot of questions regarding the three, especially Luffy. She knew a twelve-year-old Luffy wouldn't be strong just like that. To possess Conqueror’s Haki, Koala knew there must be a story behind it. And Luffy’s only twelve, for fuck’s sake!

Somehow, her thoughts went to that, and she desperately hoped she was wrong.

Weeks later, she didn't get to ask about it at all.

“Dad!”

Koala blinked.

Luffy ran to Dragon.

She blinked more.

Luffy dragged Dragon to his seat and placed himself on Dragon’s lap.

Koala blinked even more. Then she snapped.

“Dad?! Dragon-san is your dad?” Koala pointed at the two, not even realizing that she was raising her voice at her own boss.

“Yup!” Luffy's fucking shishishi-ed her.

Koala slumped into her chair. She didn't expect this at all. She was not alone, though. Almost everyone in the Mess Hall looked shocked.

Now she understands how the commanders knew Luffy. They definitely knew this.

Wait! She immediately straightened up, looking at the other two brothers across from her. They were still eating, surprisingly calmer than they used to.

Ace caught her eye, smirking. He obviously knew what Koala was thinking. Koala wanted to punch that face right there and then.

“We are not brothers by blood,” Sabo started, and everyone went quiet. “We are sworn brothers, and Luffy is Dragon-san's biological son.”

Koala honestly had doubted that they were brothers before. Ace and Sabo didn't look alike at all, except for their hairstyle. But both resembled Luffy so much that Koala, just a week ago, stopped doubting it.