Prelude - Dark Society

Power. Knowledge. Status.

Generation after generation, great leadership is sought after. As these guidelines point out the majority of the people's decisions, Cosmos, the mediator, randomly and carefully chooses an individual that has all the capabilities of the said standard.

Diversity in nature is one of the crucial considerations before enthronement, but fate favors those who possess such a powerful stance against anybody, those who stand out the most among all clans. Having the blood to rule, the authority to lead others, the chosen ones.

Creatures who were forgotten because of their incapability were disregarded in society and they served as slaves. How they feel doesn't matter.

They were once united, with no argument, and all agreed with this arrangement. There was a certain period when three major clans flourished with their might to control supernatural matters.

Humans are known for their incredible intelligence—a gift no one surpasses. They did what they had to do for the joined kingdoms, experimenting and inventing. They were the first ones to change the kingdom's economy and rule mightily.

Enchantresses went by their title as nature-preservers. Their dominion to be in control of their surroundings gave them the privilege to stay on top—an exceptional and well-executed leader-model.

Vampires also took their momentous turn. Ruling the night with their gifted eyes and physical vigor a normal Sapien has no equal nor a powerful Enchantress that only their blood carries. A weapon likens to a sword that is equipped to fight treachery.

During the reign of King Agosto Gray, he was specific about the genuineness of his people towards him. He wants to secure the throne in his favor, and that surpasses the other two clans' administration rules. It exceeded the expectations and traditional standards.

Even before his enthronement, he believed in the capabilities of both parties as to why he planned a strategy to maintain himself being seated in the grace and favor of the people. He was not a spontaneous king; they took the dominion above all else. Greater in number and manpower, was the goal he pinned to. He wanted his laws to circulate upon his palms.

Without anyone knowing his agenda, he secretly formed an ally under Dark Society. His reign was incomparable as to why Sapiens wanted to overthrow him. They tried to find faults against him and his whole clan. Little did King Gray know that Sapiens had been planning for a long time to take the throne away from all of them.

Cosmos allowed this to happen without intervening in the Sapiens' plans. They considered it as if Cosmos was on their side. Humans weren't afraid to plan betrayal against their friendship-bonded relationship with Solaires and Silvertores.

Sapiens gained victory eventually.

Dark Society worked in the shadows not to be hinted. Humans successfully dethroned the Silvertores and killed some of the Solaires who tried to defend King Agosto. On the other hand, vampires and enchantresses took it as a sign of rebellion and a start of war.

Solaires slowly withdrew from the joined kingdom and formed their empire. It was built with their new rules to be followed. Silvertores carefully established their world, the Dark Society, where Grays had to rule.

Dark Society was created for protection and revenge, but even then, it's not enough. It was their barrier. Their ultimate rule is to kill anyone who passes through the boundaries of their kingdom.

This rule has become cruel to everybody. They kill humans and even enchantresses just to protect their walls. Sapiens were terrified with this, they tried to penetrate the Silvertore's powers, but they failed to do so.

Sapiens owned the joined kingdom, but still, Silvertore held the greater power. This was a war between humans and vampires, but Solaires were also included in this rage as to why they thought it was just fair if there was no exemption to the rule.

Until the modern generation, Dark Society is still rampaging. Solaire Empire administered their supernatural powers according to what they needed to do even if it meant to annihilate lives. Sapiens didn't stop from empowering themselves to get stronger and they aspire to be more.

From the war that humans started, all has never been so right and the legacy of their betrayal is still evident up to these days. Death chases the ones that violate the rule.

TO BE CONTINUED

(The picture is for reference only, it's not mine. Credits to the real owner.)