seven

After the thankfully happy ending of the disastrous trial, I was accepted into the army and cruised through the course consisting of Wrestling, Sword arts, Spear fighting, Mace fighting, Axe fighting, basic archery and many other weaponry in just few months. My boon accelerated my learning to such an extent that I was considered once in a generation prodigy as I have breezed through both the physical and mental skills needed for the army. I have learnt the war formations, tactics, strategy, logistics and leadership skills. Now just past the age of eleven, I have finished my military training and got appointed in my father's old division as the youngest charioteer of the army. 

The other noteworthy thing that happened is that I met my Godly father on my eleventh birthday. After completing my daily prayer, I took a bow towards the rising sun and said, "O Radiant One! I have always known you as my godly father from the moment I took birth in this world. I wish to see you with my eyes, O Glorious One. O Scorcher of the foes! O Life giver! You, who is called Suryanarayana, an aspect of the Lord Narayana, O savitr, Lord of light please grant this wish of your son. "

It was then that a pulse of light travelled from the sun towards me. As it neared, it began to expand and when it reached me, the light has become the Sun God himself. He looked at me with such love in his eyes, that there is no doubt in my mind that he has done everything he could in his power without violating the rules of creation to protect his son in the original epic. But what could he do, he who never differentiate the friend or foe and burns himself to give the light equally to all, how can he shore up his son's protection without contradicting his very nature. He is not Devraj, who breaks rules with impunity and runs to the Trimurti to escape the consequences. Still, he gave his child the protective armour and earrings made of his Radiance and Amrit, the very nectar of the immortality. Even that was stolen from his child, how much would he have suffered having to watch his son getting cursed, living such a cruel life and dying helpless in front of his eyes. Truly, the greatness of the king of the planets knows no bounds. 

He will not have to watch his son suffer in this life, because I have no interest in suffering such insults and becoming fate's chew toy. 

My godly father then addressed me, " O my precious child! I have been waiting since your birth for your call. You have no idea, how pleased I am. I have watched you from the sky and always wanted to meet you, but the rules of creation have forbidden the meeting of demigods unless the demigod calls us. You, who was born from a part of myself and my radiance, has bestowed upon me most jubilant gift. Please ask for a return gift, for a father cannot leave their child empty handed. "

I was humbled by his words, why not a God is thanking me for calling him to meet me and is willing to grant me a gift. I bowed my head and spoke reverently, " O Father, O Glorious one, you with a thousand names should never thank me, for meeting you was my fondest wish and a great reward. But, as you said a father can never leave the son empty handed, then, my Lord, as your son the fire and heat don't harm me, so please let it be that no hunger or thirst affect me in your light, let it be that your light is enough to sustain my life and my energy, let your light be my comfort and my protection that ensures no harm befalls me during the day, let your light be my strength so that I never grow weary and tired during the day. "

Lord Aditya looked pleased and relieved with my wish for he can now protect me, his son, with no obstructions. He raised his palm and said before leaving to join the Sun in the sky , "As you wish!"