Part 6

When Subadra revealed that Arnav had been concealing his passion for painting because of Ratna, it deeply affected him. His child had endured so much solely because of his mother. Furious with Ratna, Subadra was determined to confront her, but Arvind intervened, cautioning that it might only cause more pain for Arnav. What if Ratna lashed out at Arnav again? Arvind couldn't bear the thought of his son being further hurt by his mother. That night, Arvind sat down with Arnav and gently inquired if he would be interested in taking painting classes. Arnav's enthusiastic agreement and the ensuing joy on his face brought Arvind a profound sense of relief. Then he took Arnav to his father's room.Arvind personally hung Arnav's first painting on the wall, while telling him the aspects he admired in it.

Arvind personally hung Arnav's first painting on the wall, while telling him the aspects he admired in it

______________________________

Delhi International School

A few days later, at school, the final bell had rung. Students eagerly gathered their belongings, ready to embark on their journeys home. Some chatted idly as they meandered towards the school bus, while others dashed with glee, vying for their favorite seats. Amidst the bustle, Khushi stood in stark contrast, a silent figure in the corner of the corridor, her gaze fixed on an unseen point, waiting.

This was the scene that greeted Akash, Payal, and Sheetal as they laid eyes on Khushi. A mischievous glint sparked in their eyes as they hatched a plan to ensnare her. Their whispers wove a devious plot to lock Khushi in the school's laboratory. With a shared nod, they began their stealthy advance.

Payal, trailing just behind Khushi, called out with a sneer, "Oye bratie."

Khushi's eyes rolled skyward, her annoyance palpable. She had been waiting for Arnav, who was stopped by a teacher for reasons unknown. And now, these tormentors had come to fray her nerves further. "Yeah, sidekick," she retorted without missing a beat.

The directness of Khushi's insult caught Payal off guard, rendering her speechless. Sheetal, eager to defend her friend, stepped forward with a challenge. "Don't you have manners to talk?" she demanded.

With a scoff, Khushi faced them, her reply sharp as a whip. "I have manners, that's why I'm speaking the truth. But I guess you're too dumb to grasp that," she said, her words laced with scorn.

Akash, sensing the moment slipping away, intervened to divert the brewing confrontation. "Where is your coward friend now?" he asked, hoping to steer them towards their plotted trap.

Khushi planted her hands on her hips, her stance defiant. "Why can't you stay without looking at him?" she challenged.

Akash gave a dismissive roll of his eyes, his impatience clear. "Oh please, I don't have time to entertain your nonsense. Shastri Ma'am is waiting for you in the Laboratory," he lied smoothly.

Khushi eyed them with suspicion, her instincts screaming caution. "Don't try to trap me, Akash," she retorted, her voice tinged with wariness.

Payal feigned innocence, her eyes wide. "Why would we lie about something like this?" she queried, her tone dripping with feigned sincerity.