32.

yn thought that turning down the thermostat was a good idea because they had quite a lot of people in their home

yn thought that turning down the thermostat was a good idea because they had quite a lot of people in their home. it was only natural that as more people produced more heat, the temperature should be lower than usual in order to keep them comfortable. who enjoyed being too hot? since it was winter, the temperature was set high.

it turns out that a group of people cannot produce enough heat to warm a large house. kuroo knew it right away when yn told him about her plan, but who was he to tell her she was wrong?

"i knew you had an ulterior motive in turning down that termostat," kuroo said, leaning in to yn's ear. she bumped him with her shoulders and pulled the blanket she'd thrown over them up to her cheeks.

"i don't need an ulterior motive to cuddle," she huffed. "sorry, guys," she said louder, probably for the sixth time since the sleepover began.

"it's okay," yaku said, waving his hand to calm her worries. they all got blankets and would be warm again in a few minutes. at least he hoped because he was freezing.

"i want it to be summer again," lev whined, throwing his head back.

"in summer, you're going to want it to be winter again," kenma said, with only his forehead peeking over the blanket. he wasn't upset about the low temperature at all. in the winter, he didn't have to leave his house any more than necessary.

"no, i won't," lev argued.

"let's watch this one," yuuto spoke, because kenma could be stubborn as hell, and lev often didn't realize he was arguing with someone and could talk for hours.

they all looked at the screen, where yuuto had already turned on the movie. he refused to tell them what movie it was because they were too busy freezing to help him choose it. they now had to rely on his incredible movie taste.

after a few scenes, it was clear that it was an awful horror movie, which they decided was the best type to watch together on their sleepover.

it was bad enough that yn was able to relax. she slid down on the seat slightly to lean more on kuroo, who had already thrown an arm over the backrest.

she would never have guessed that she would be fan of public displays of affection. she knew kuroo was, almost from the beginning, he never said it aloud, but it was clear that he enjoyed being openly affectionate. and who was she to refuse this? she became more at ease with his touchiness over time, and it was almost natural for her to act similarly.

kuroo curled his arm and placed it on her shoulder, grazing it gently with a finger.

"yuck."

when she heard yamamoto say it, she initially assumed she missed some disgusting scene on the screen.

"let them be," yaku said, kicking yamamoto with his feet on his shoulder, since he was sitting on a couch and his teammate was on the ground next to him.